Global Markets for Chemicals for Cosmetics & Toiletries
The global cosmetic and toiletry ingredients market was valued at $18.7 billion in 2012 and should reach $19.5 billion in 2013. Total market value is expected to reach $24.5 billion in 2018 after increasing at a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.6%.
- An overview of the global market for ingredients used in cosmetics and toiletries industries
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2011 and 2012, estimates for 2013 and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018
- Discussion of the markets by end-use application and major types of materials used, covering all the major ingredients
- Evaluation of new patents and technological developments
- Identification of companies potentially involved in mergers and acquisitions
- Determinations of the sales potential for new formulations
- Examination of various regulatory and environmental issues as new ingredients are introduced
- Comprehensive profiles of major end-user companies, along with their shares of the markets in their respective segments of operation.
This report studies both the global and regional markets for ingredients used in the cosmetic and toiletries industries. It also analyzes these markets by end-use application and major materials types. New patents and technological developments covered by these patents indicate the dynamic nature of the industry, and an analysis of these patents has been made in the report. As the newer ingredients increase in number, various regulatory and environmental issues are cropping up, and these issues must be addressed. A study has been made of the existing regulations in this report. Profiles of major end-user companies are also included, along with their market shares in their respective operation segments.
Mr. Srinivasa Rajaram is a mechanical engineer with more than 40 years of experience in factory-layout design and setup. He has set up factories for the production of weighing machines and dynamic-balancing machines in India, and he has experience in design, production and servicing such equipment. He was senior Vice President of M/S Schenck Avery Ltd., an Indo-German joint venture. Mr. Rajaram has researched and authored numerous BCC market research reports, including the prior version of this report.
Mr. Rajaram has been ably assisted by his wife, Mrs. Jayagowri Rajaram, who holds a Master’s degree in chemistry and has more than 25 years’ experience in the teaching profession.
- Sales in the specialty additives ingredients market amounted to more than $3.1 billion in 2008, increased slightly to an estimated $3.3 billion in 2009, and is expected to reach $4.1 billion in 2014, for a 5-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.4%.
- The processing aid segment was valued at $2.6 billion in 2008; this is expected to increase to $2.7 billion in 2009, and is projected to reach $3.4 billion in 2014, for a 5-year CAGR of 4.3%.
- The market segment, other ingredients, which are used to formulate cleansers, foamers, fragrances and moisturizers, actually accounts for the largest value in the market. It was worth $8.4 billion in 2008, and is estimated to reach $8.7 billion in 2009. By 2014, it is projected to increase to $10.8 billion, for a CAGR of 4.4%.
The global market for cosmetics and toiletries ingredients is estimated to be around $14.7 billion in 2005, with growth of the ingredients expected to be around 5% per year through 2010. Factors contributing to this steady growth include improvements in the global economy, particularly in developing countries, and the introduction of new consumer-friendly products.
In end-user segments, color cosmetics have the highest average annual growth rate (AAGR). They will grow from $2,586.9 million in 2005 to $3,351.7 million in 2010, and AAGR of 5.3%.
Hair care products were worth more than $4 billion in 2005, and will maintain the highest market value through the forecast period, growing at 5.2% per year.
Bath/shaving products, perfume, and oral hygiene have steady growth rates of 4.6% per year through 2010.
The estimated 2000 value of U.S. manufacturers’ sales of chemicals used in finished cosmetic and toiletry products is $4.3 billion. Growing at an average annual rate (AAGR) of 3.5%, this market is expected to exceed $5.1 billion in 2005.
With 2000 sales estimated at $1.1 billion, essential oils represent the largest segment and the most expensive of the chemical ingredients.
Average annual growth should not exceed 2.5% through the period.
Polymers advanced to become the second largest segment, with 2000 sales estimated at $811 million. Due to their specific and tailorable properties, growth at an AAGR of 5.8% to more than $1 billion in 2005 is expected.
Purified petroleum products represent the third-largest segment, with 2000 sales of about $745 million. Growth should hover around an AAGR of 2.6% through 2005.
When do I get the report?
Most reports are fulfilled immediately. In some cases, it could take up to 24 hours.
In what format does this report get delivered to me?
We will send you an email with login credentials to access the report. You will also be able to download the pdf.
What are the free reports included in my purchase?
They consist of a collection of current reports from various partner publishers scanning multiple industries.
What is the difference between BCC Research and BCC Publishing?
BCC Research curates thousands of reports from different sources and provides access to this content to our clients. BCC Publishing is the publication arm of BCC Research (one of several publishers in our portal).
What reports do I get 'discounts' on with my purchase?
All reports. BCC Publishing reports will be available for a 50% discount. All other partner publishers are also available at deeply discounted rates.
Where are you located?
Wellesley Massachusetts, just outside of Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
How long has BCC Research been around?
We are approaching our 50 year anniversary in 2021!
What if I want you to invoice me for payment via Purchase Order?
Simply choose Pay by Purchase Order when you are checking out. We will connect with you via email to set up your order.
What if I have a question about your reports?
Call us, email us, or chat with us! We encourage your questions and feedback. We have a research concierge team available at all times, and included in every purchase, to help our customers find the research they need-when they need it.
Can I share this report with my team?
Absolutely yes, with the purchase of additional user licenses.
Can I use your research in my presentation?
Absolutely yes, so long as the publisher is properly cited.