Biogas Upgrading: Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for biogas upgrading should grow from $808.2 million in 2020 to $2.1 billion by 2025, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 21.2% for the period of 2020-2025.
- 93 tables
- In-depth analysis of the global markets for biogas upgrading equipment and related sustainable energy technologies
- Analyses of the global market trends, with data corresponding to market size for 2019, estimates for 2020, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2025
- Assessment of market potential for biogas upgrading equipment technologies with respect to plant installations, equipment sales, estimated revenue forecast in dollar value terms, and corelated growth rates
- Impact analysis of the COVID-19 pandemic on global economies as well as biogas production and biogas upgrading market
- Estimation of market size and market share analysis of biogas upgrading equipment suppliers based on their application, feed sources and major geographical region
- Highlights of the innovation-driven of biogas upgrading market and market potential for various biogas upgrading technologies, such as water scrubbing, pressure swing adsorption, physical absorption, chemical absorption, membrane separation, cryogenic etc. and their cumulative comparison in units
- Discussion on the biogas industry structure, present market status, industry value chain analysis, upgrading plants and installed capacity, and policies and incentives supporting the industry
- Company profiles of major market participants including, Acrion Technologies, Greenlane Biogas, Hamworthy, Mainsite Technologies, Purac Puregas, Strabag, and Xebec
The emergence of the COVID-19 pandemic has currently halted progress and is impacting economies across the world. Governments worldwide are taking measures to lock down their respective countries, especially affected cities, to contain the spread of the virus. Governments are also taking necessary measures to contain the economic slowdown.
The report considers the impact of COVID-19. In 2020, the growth rate of every industry is being impacted worldwide, which indirectly affects the biogas upgrading market. The market is expected to bounce back in 2021, due to relief packages and disaster aid packages by governments to boost economies.
The scope of this report is the global market for biogas upgrading equipment. Market value and growth is evaluated for six different types of upgrading systems: water scrubbing, pressure swing adsorption, physical absorption, chemical absorption, membrane separation, and cryogenic technology.
The market is broken down by four different feed sources: municipal and domestic sewage, industrial wastewater, landfill gas, and agricultural wastes, a category that includes animal manures and crop residues. Additionally, the market is examined according to end use, injection into the gas grid and transportation fuel.
A discussion of the global market by region includes overviews of North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Rest of the World, with individual profiles for countries most active in each region. Present market status, biogas upgrading plant installations, and policies and incentives that support the industry are given for each country. All market valuations and projections cover the years from 2019 to 2025.
Market figures are based on the revenues derived from equipment sales and are projected in 2019 constant dollars (i.e., inflation is not computed into the projection figures). The revenue figures are derived from estimated revenues of the key players in a particular year.
A technology overview, a discussion on the structure of the industry and brief profiles for major participating companies are included. The machinery used to transform the gas to electricity (reciprocating and other types of gas engines, turbine and microturbines, and fuel cells) is not included in the analysis.
BCC Publishing Staff comprises expert analysts who are skilled in conducting primary research, secondary research and data analysis and have decades of combined experience covering a wide range of industries, including healthcare, advanced materials and emerging technologies. Collectively, the team represents a diverse set of educational achievements with individual graduate work completed in fields such as microbiology, electrical engineering, business administration and surgery, among others.
The global market for biogas upgrading equipment reached $125.4 million in 2011. This market is expected to grow to $198.7 million in 2013 and $442.4 million in 2018, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 17.4%.
- An overview of the global market for biogas upgrading technologies.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018.
- Analysis of the equipment used to transform crude biogas from waste materials and energy crops into sustainable energy.
- A review of feed sources used for biomethane production.
- Comprehensive profiles of leading in the industry.
The global market for biogas upgrading equipments was worth $52.3 million in 2010. From 2011 to 2016, the market is projected to rise from $125.4 million in 2011 to $338.5 million by 2016 at a 5-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 22%.