Biogas Upgrading: Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for biogas upgrading equipment is estimated to increase from $1.4 billion in 2022 to $3.8 billion by 2027, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 21.1% from 2022 through 2027.
- 58 data tables and 43 additional tables
- Detailed overview and an up-to-date analysis of the global markets for biogas upgrading equipment and related sustainable energy technologies
- Analyses of the global market trends, with historic market revenue data (sales figures) for 2021, estimates for 2022, forecasts for 2026, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2027
- Highlights of the current and future growth potential for biogas upgrading technologies market, and major regions and countries involved in market developments
- Estimation of the actual market size and revenue forecast for global biogas upgrading market, and its corresponding market share analysis based on application, feedstock source, end use, and region
- Discussion of the major market dynamics of the biogas upgrading industry, benefits of biogas energy, production potential, regulatory updates, manufacturing trends, upcoming technologies, and the impact of Russia-Ukraine war on biogas industry
- Market outlook of the biogas upgrading applications and technologies with respect to the plant installations, equipment sales, and their cumulative comparison in units and operational costs
- Review of the biogas value chain analysis a systematic study of key intermediaries involved, with emphasis on manufacturers, suppliers, and major types of end users of these products
- Insight into the recent industry structure for biogas, leading upgrading companies and their installed capacity, along with the country specific policies and incentives supporting the biogas industry
- Identification of the major stakeholders and analysis of the company competitive landscape based on their recent market developments, financial performance, and segmental revenues
- Descriptive company profiles of the leading global players, including Air Liquide, DGE GmbH, Eisenmann Corp., EnviTec Biogas AG, GM Green Methane s.r.l., Pentair Haffmans, and Xebec Adsorption Inc.
The scope of this report covers the global market for biogas upgrading equipment and as well as analysis its various segments. Market figures are based on the revenues derived from equipment sales and are projected in constant 2021 dollars (i.e., inflation is not computed into the projection figures). The revenue figures are derived from estimated revenues of the key players in a particular year.
A discussion of the global market by region includes overviews of North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Rest of the World, with individual profiles for countries most active in each region. Present market status, biogas upgrading plant installations, and policies and incentives that support the industry are given for each country. All market valuations and projections cover the years from 2022 to 2027.
A technology overview, a discussion on the structure of the industry and brief profiles for major participating companies are included. The machinery used to transform the gas to electricity (reciprocating and other types of gas engines, turbine and microturbines, and fuel cells) is not included in the analysis.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Growing demand for renewable and low-carbon fuels
- Meeting regulatory regimes demanding reduced carbon emissions
- Reduced reliance on natural gas imports
- Innovative Technological Landscape
BCC Publishing Staff comprises expert analysts who are skilled in conducting primary research, secondary research and data analysis and have decades of combined experience covering a wide range of industries, including healthcare, advanced materials and emerging technologies. Collectively, the team represents a diverse set of educational achievements with individual graduate work completed in fields such as microbiology, electrical engineering, business administration and surgery, among others.
|Base year considered||2021|
|Forecast period considered||2022 to 2027|
|Base year market size||$1.2 billion|
|Market size forecast||$3.8 billion|
|Growth rate||CAGR of 21.1% for the forecast period of 2022-2027|
|Units considered||$ Millions|
|Segments covered||Application, Feedstock Source, End Use, and Region|
|Regions covered||North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World|
|Key Market Drivers||
The global market for biogas upgrading should grow from $808.2 million in 2020 to $2.1 billion by 2025, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 21.2% for the period of 2020-2025.
- 93 tables
- In-depth analysis of the global markets for biogas upgrading equipment and related sustainable energy technologies
- Analyses of the global market trends, with data corresponding to market size for 2019, estimates for 2020, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2025
- Assessment of market potential for biogas upgrading equipment technologies with respect to plant installations, equipment sales, estimated revenue forecast in dollar value terms, and corelated growth rates
- Impact analysis of the COVID-19 pandemic on global economies as well as biogas production and biogas upgrading market
- Estimation of market size and market share analysis of biogas upgrading equipment suppliers based on their application, feed sources and major geographical region
- Highlights of the innovation-driven of biogas upgrading market and market potential for various biogas upgrading technologies, such as water scrubbing, pressure swing adsorption, physical absorption, chemical absorption, membrane separation, cryogenic etc. and their cumulative comparison in units
- Discussion on the biogas industry structure, present market status, industry value chain analysis, upgrading plants and installed capacity, and policies and incentives supporting the industry
- Company profiles of major market participants including, Acrion Technologies, Greenlane Biogas, Hamworthy, Mainsite Technologies, Purac Puregas, Strabag, and Xebec
The global market for biogas upgrading equipment reached $125.4 million in 2011. This market is expected to grow to $198.7 million in 2013 and $442.4 million in 2018, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 17.4%.
- An overview of the global market for biogas upgrading technologies.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018.
- Analysis of the equipment used to transform crude biogas from waste materials and energy crops into sustainable energy.
- A review of feed sources used for biomethane production.
- Comprehensive profiles of leading in the industry.
The global market for biogas upgrading equipments was worth $52.3 million in 2010. From 2011 to 2016, the market is projected to rise from $125.4 million in 2011 to $338.5 million by 2016 at a 5-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 22%.