The Global Market for Distributed Energy Generation
The global market for distributed energy generation is estimated to increase from $141.3 billion in 2023 to reach $241.6 billion by 2028 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.3% during the forecast period of 2023-2028.
- 163 data tables and 53 additional tables
- An overview of the global market for distributed energy generation
- Estimate of the market size and analyses of market trends, with data from 2022, estimates for 2023 and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2028
- An assessment of the existing distributed energy generation industry, with a focus on the producers of each major viable technology and their market potential over the next five years
- Coverage of energy-related issues affecting the environment, including greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, climate change, energy cost and security, and air and water pollution
- Analysis of the market dynamics, including drivers, inhibitors and opportunities, and insights into the regulatory environments impacting the market
- Market share analysis of the key companies and coverage of mergers and acquisitions (M&A), joint ventures, collaborations. partnerships, and other key vendor strategies
- Company profiles of major players within the industry, including Siemens Energy AG , ENGIE SA, Caterpillar Energy Solutions GmbH, Cummins Inc., Bloom Energy, Ansaldo Energia, and Doosan Enerbility
The report discusses different technologies of distributed energy generation, like reciprocating engines, small hydropower, solar PV, small combustion turbines, small wind, fuel cells, and microturbines. It offers a detailed analysis of different technologies and the prevalent trends and opportunities in the market. The market values are estimated based on multiple factors and analysis of manufacturers’ revenues. Market dynamics within each industry are identified. Technological advancements and trends are reviewed, and other influences, such as economic conditions and standards, are discussed. Because this is a global study, BCC Research analyzes domestic and international technological issues and economic considerations.
The market segments of the report are focused on technical and commercial aspects of distributed energy generation. The report also discusses the regional policy and regulatory framework and ESG scenario for the industry in order to maintain environmental sustainability and comply with government regulations.
The report also analyzes the regional and country-wise markets for distributed energy generation. The segments are forecast for 2023 to 2028, with 2022 as a base year. Furthermore, the report offers a competitive scenario of the market, including a detailed analysis of key market players and a list of small and regional market players.
Each regional market considered in this analysis shows potential for market growth in the coming years. Installation of a DG system, especially for larger facilities, can include minor to considerable additional engineering, design, and construction of auxiliary/appurtenant facilities. Examples generally include fuel supply systems, pipelines, air emission controls, and other physical facilities and support equipment. Each of these components includes additional expenses in addition to the cost of the DG system itself. However, the cost of appurtenances and installation are not considered in the market values that follow.
To summarize, the market values presented here include:
- Cost of DG equipment by category (microturbines, reciprocating engines, etc.).
- New systems.
- Replacement systems
The market values presented here do not include the following:
- Appurtenances (appurtenant wiring, pipes, fuel supply, solar array shade structures, etc.).
- Installation costs.
- Engineering or design costs for site installation.
The currency used in this report is USD, with market size indicated only in USD Million. For companies reporting their revenue in USD, the revenues are taken from their annual reports. For companies that reported their revenue in other currencies, such as euros and pounds, the average annual currency conversion rate has been used for the particular year to convert the value into USD. The conversion rate for each currency conversion is provided in the report.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
BCC Research Team possesses expertise and experience in life and physical science domains. They specialize in offering valuable business insights, including industry analysis, competitor intelligence, strategic and financial analysis, and opportunity assessment. The team has in-depth knowledge of various sectors, including healthcare, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, IT, automation, advanced materials, and energy. They are proficient in qualitative and quantitative market intelligence providing clients with actionable insights. With a vast understanding of the competitive landscape, the team can support clients in making data-driven decisions to help them achieve a competitive edge in their respective markets.
|Base year considered||2022|
|Forecast period considered||2023-2028|
|Base year market size||$133.5 billion|
|Market size forecast||$241.6 billion|
|Growth rate||CAGR of 11.3% for the forecast period of 2023-2028|
|Units considered||$ Millions|
|Regions covered||Europe, North America, APAC (Asia-Pacific), South America, Middle East and Africa (MEA)|
|Key Market Drivers||
The global market for distributed generation technologies reached nearly $65.8 billion in 2015. This market is expected to increase from nearly $69.7 billion in 2016 to $109.5 billion in 2021 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.5% for 2016-2021.
- An overview of the global market for distributed energy generation.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2015 and 2016, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2021.
- Evaluation of the existing distributed energy generation industry, focusing on producers of each major viable technology and their market potential over the next five years.
- Information on energy-related issues effecting the environment, including greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, climate change, energy cost and security, air and water pollution, and other factors.
- Analysis of the market's dynamics, including growth drivers, inhibitors, and opportunities.
- A look at how regulatory environments are impacting the market.
- Profiles of major players in the distributed energy generation industry.
The worldwide market for Distributed Generation (DG) technologies reached a total of about $44.4 billion in 2009 and $64.0 billion in 2010. By 2015, it is estimated at about $141 billion, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 17.1% between 2010 and 2015.
- The global market for distributed generation technologies was worth $43.8 billion in 2007. This is expected to reach $51.0 billion in 2008 and $127.0 billion in 2013, for a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 20.0%.
- Fuel-based technologies represent the largest market segment, worth $34.4 billion in 2007 and an anticipated $39.6 billion in 2008. This should reach $93.4 billion in 2013, for a CAGR of 18.7%.
- Renewable technologies generated $9.4 billion in 2007 and an estimated $11.4 billion in 2008. This is expected to reach $33.6 billion in 2013, for a CAGR of 24.1%.