Energy-efficient Technologies for Global Residential Markets
The global markets for residential energy efficiency technologies reached nearly $89.4 billion in 2016. This market should reach $96.8 billion in 2017 and $124.2 billion in 2022, demonstrating a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.1% from 2017 to 2022.
- 50 data tables and 59 additional tables
- An overview of energy-efficient technologies for global residential markets
- Analyses of market trends, with data from 2016, estimates for 2017, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2022
- Information on residential buildings, including single-family dwellings, as well as duplexes and residential complexes, including apartments and condominiums (multifamily dwellings)
- Details concerning various residential energy-efficiency technologies that are available, their applications, and a background section describing the importance of residential energy-efficiency technologies in terms of benefits to residential building owners and benefits to utilities and grid systems operators (the latter of which help to drive incentives)
- A high-level overview of industry activity within the residential energy-efficiency technologies market, based on available data
- A regional breakdown of the market into North American, European, and Asian markets
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players in the industry
The scope of this investigation includes new construction and retrofits for major residential energy efficiency technology categories that are popular or gaining market share in regional or national level markets. Residential energy efficiency technologies help to reduce energy consumption within single family residences, as well as multiple family dwelling units including apartments, condominiums, and townhouses. Specific technology categories considered in this report comprise the individual technologies identified in the following table. Within this framework, market breakdowns are provided for the following categories as relevant to new residential building construction and retrofits, shown in the table. Estimated values used are based on manufacturers’ total revenues. Projected and forecasted revenue values are in constant U.S. dollars, unadjusted for inflation.
Robert Eckard, PhD, has 15 years of experience working in the cleantech, clean transportation, clean/smart cities, advanced fuels, water and energy sectors. Having completed his dissertation at the University of California at Davis, Robert also runs a specialty industry research and technical consulting company, with an emphasis on energy, water and climate-oriented sectors, including those segments relevant to this study. Robert specializes in commercialization, data-based economic analysis, market development and penetration, environmental analysis and technical energy, environmental and market studies for Fortune 500, Global 1000 and promising startups, as well as state and local governments, other consultants and industry organizations throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, the Middle East, Southeast Asia and Australia. He worked as a subcontractor under the U.S. Department of Energy providing evaluations of a wide array of industrial technologies, systems and related supply markets. He helped to successfully develop new markets in the U.S. and abroad, identify target niches and support highly successful business strategy development. Previously, he produced reports for BCC Research on global markets pertaining to energy, industry, energy efficiency, water and industrial, durable goods and related categories and technologies. Robert works directly in the industries that he analyzes and has successfully secured over $225 million in fund development for specific projects and technologies in the last six years.
- Sustainable Erosion Control, Sediment Management, and Stabilization: Global Markets (MST076A)
- Climate Resilient Cities: Resilient Building Design and Planning (ENV050A)
- Nuclear Plant Operations, Nuclear Fuel, and Nuclear Instrumentation: Global Markets (EGY172A)
- Global Markets for Emerging Materials in Aerospace (AVM192A)
- Transparent Rigid Plastics: Technologies and Opportunities (PLS103A)