Microgrids: Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for microgrid technologies should grow from $19.0 billion in 2021 to $40.3 billion by 2026 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 16.3% for the period of 2021-2026.
- 161 data tables and 12 additional tables
- An overview of the global market and technologies for microgrids
- Estimation of the market size and analyses of global market trends, with data from 2020, 2021 with projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2026
- Coverage of definition, revenue implications, and security of microgrids, and insights into safety, islanding, and energy storage standards
- Comparative study between grid-connected vs. off-grid microgrids, and information on remote/island and hybrid microgrid
- Highlights of the market potential for microgrids, based on major segment, product type, connection type, power source, type, end user, and region
- Identification of market drivers, restraints and other forces impacting the global market and evaluation of current market size and forecast, and assessment of new developments in the industry
- Market share analysis of the key companies of the industry and coverage of events like mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, collaborations or partnerships, and other key market strategies and a relevant patent analysis
- Profile description of leading market companies, including ABB Ltd., Eaton Corp. plc., General Electric, Honeywell International Inc., Schneider Electric SE and Siemens AG
The market analysis provided in this report is based on a variety of data sources. These include the most recent government, industry, academic and company data regarding the projected level of demand for microgrid technologies. The report provides a comprehensive review of available data to provide a realistic, robust, and accurate assessment of this quickly changing market.
Regional and country level markets will be segmented and analyzed by type and application. The report also covers the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. The market sizes and estimations are provided in terms of revenue, with 2020 serving as the base year; and market forecasts will be given for the period from 2021 to 2026.
BCC Publishing Staff comprises expert analysts who are skilled in conducting primary research, secondary research and data analysis and have decades of combined experience covering a wide range of industries, including healthcare, advanced materials and emerging technologies. Collectively, the team represents a diverse set of educational achievements with individual graduate work completed in fields such as microbiology, electrical engineering, business administration and surgery, among others.
The global microgrid technologies market totaled $12.7 billion in 2017 and is estimated to reach nearly $31.2 billion by 2022, growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 19.6% for the period of 2017-2022.
- 29 data tables and 7 additional tables
- An overview of the global market for microgrid technologies
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2016 and 2017, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2022
- Identification of segments with high growth potential and their future applications
- Explanation of major drivers and regional dynamics of the market and current trends within the industry
- Detailed profiles of major vendors in the market, including ABB Group, ALSTOM Power, Inc., Burns Engineering, Inc., Caterpillar Inc. and Toshiba Corp.