Supercapacitors: Technology Developments and Global Markets
The global supercapacitors market should reach $9.6 billion by 2027 from $4.6 billion in 2022 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 15.7% for the forecast period of 2022 to 2027.
- 64 tables and 71 additional tables
- An overview of the global market for supercapacitor technologies and developments, including description of their types and fabrication technologies
- Estimation of the market size and analyses of global market trends, with data from 2021 to 2022, estimates for 2023 and 2025 with projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2027
- Highlights of the current and future market potential and quantification of supercapacitor technologies market based on product type, application, end-user industry and region
- Identification of market drivers, restraints and other forces impacting the global market and evaluation of current market size and forecast
- Detailed analysis of the regulatory framework and policies and technological changes within the industry
- Market share analysis of the key companies of the industry and coverage of their proprietary technologies, strategic alliances, and other key market strategies and a relevant patent analysis
- Comprehensive company profiles of the leading players of the industry, including CAP-XX Ltd, Eaton Corp. PLC, KYOCERA Corp., Panasonic Holdings Corp. and YAGEO Corp.
In this report, the market has been segmented based on type, electrode material, end-user, and geography. The report provides an overview of the global supercapacitor market and analyses market trends. Using 2021 as the base year, the report provides estimated market data for 2022-2027. Revenue forecasts for this period are segmented based on type, electrode material, end-user, and geography. Market values have been estimated based on the triangulation method using the parameters such as total revenue of supercapacitor providers, primary interview results, and secondary white paper information.
The report covers the market for supercapacitors with regard to the end-user base across different regions. It also highlights major trends and challenges that affect the market and the vendor landscape. The report estimates the global market for supercapacitors in 2021 and provides projections for the expected market size through 2027. The scope of the study includes supercapacitors type, electrode material, end-user, and geography.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
BCC Research Team possesses expertise and experience in life and physical science domains. They specialize in offering valuable business insights, including industry analysis, competitor intelligence, strategic and financial analysis, and opportunity assessment. The team has in-depth knowledge of various sectors, including healthcare, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, IT, automation, advanced materials, and energy. They are proficient in qualitative and quantitative market intelligence providing clients with actionable insights. With a vast understanding of the competitive landscape, the team can support clients in making data-driven decisions to help them achieve a competitive edge in their respective markets.
|Base year considered||2021|
|Forecast period considered||2022-2027|
|Base year market size||$4.0 billion|
|Market size forecast||$9.6 billion|
|Growth rate||CAGR of 15.7%|
|Units considered||$ Millions|
|Segments covered||type, electrode material, end-user, and geography|
|Regions covered||North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, South America, and RoW|
|Countries covered||U.S., Canada, Mexico, U.K., Germany, France, Rest of Europe (Spain, Netherlands, etc.), China, Japan, India, Rest of Asia-Pacific (Singapore, Indonesia, etc.), Brazil, Argentina, Rest of South America (Chile, Peru, Colombia, etc.), Middle East and Africa.|
|Key Market Drivers||
|Companies studied||NIPPON CHEMI-CON CORP. , QUANTIC ELECTRONICS , SKELETON TECHNOLOGIES , TECATE GROUP , LS CORP. , ELNA AMERICA INC. , CAP-XX LTD , CORNELL DUBILIER ELECTRONICS INC. , EATON CORP. , IOXUS , KORCHIP CORP. , KYOCERA CORP. , NANORAMIC LABORATORIES , NICHICON CORP. , PANASONIC HOLDINGS CORP. , SAMWHA ELECTRIC CO. LTD , SEIKO GROUP CORP. , SPEL TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD , UCAP POWER INC. , YAGEO CORP.|
The global market for supercapacitors increased from $643.4 million in 2012 to $776.8 million in 2013. With a market value of $873.2 million in 2014, this market is expected to reach $2.1 billion by 2019, corresponding to a healthy compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 19.4% during 2014 to 2019 period.
- An overview of the global markets for supercapacitor technologies and developments, including a description of their types and fabrication technologies.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012, 2013, 2014, and projections of CAGRs through 2019.
- Estimate for supercapacitors by type, application, and region, with growth forecasts for each market segment.
- An updated review of current producers of supercapacitors.
- Comprehensive profiles of major players in the supercapacitor industry.
The global market for supercapacitors is estimated at $470 million in 2010. Demand for supercapacitors is projected to continue growing at a very healthy rate during the next 5 years, reaching a value of $1.2 billion in 2015, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 20.6%.