Growing Markets for Air Quality Monitors: China, North America, Europe and Developing Markets
The global market for air quality monitors reached $3.5 billion in 2015. This market is expected to increase from $3.8 billion in 2016 to nearly $5.9 billion in 2021 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.8% for 2016-2021.
- An overview of the global air quality monitoring technologies market.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2015, 2016 and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2021.
- Information about important manufacturers, technologies and factors influencing demand.
- Coverage of the main types, applications and end users of the air quality monitoring.
- Examination of various strategic initiatives and strengths of companies that are expected to help them move forward in this market.
- Relevant in-depth patent analysis.
- Profiles of major players in the industry.
BCC Research defines air quality monitors as equipment used to monitor, quantify and determine the quality of outdoor and indoor air in various places, including households. Air quality monitors determine a range of air pollutants in the air, such as various poisonous and harmful gases, pollen, dust, smoke, etc. Air quality monitors determine all types of air pollutions, namely, chemical pollution, biological pollution and physical pollution. These devices are extensively used by government and related institutions to measure any violations in air quality and pollution in various installations, as well as used to measure general outdoor air quality.
Air quality monitoring can be autonomous (continuous) monitoring or manual monitoring. In both processes, pollution and air quality sensors are installed in order to record air quality and provide measurable output, which precisely indicates the amount of pollutants in the air, as well as general composition/quality of the sampled air.
Air quality monitoring devices consist of hardware (sensors) as well as software that analyze data that is compared to a pre-populated database. An extension of air quality monitoring is analytics, in which software analyzes the air quality from various regions on earth in order to create a detailed map for comparing air quality (and pollution) around the globe.
To calculate and segment the market, we have mainly considered air quality monitoring hardware (sensors and overall devices). However, the report also considered associated software revenue, as well as companies that may not be sensor manufacturers, but market air quality monitoring products as their own by incorporating sensors from other manufacturers. The calculation also considers services revenue from the air quality monitoring technology/device providers.
However, stand-alone software (such as analytics software) that is sold separately from the air quality monitoring device/hardware is beyond the scope of this report. Other categories not investigated by this report include after-market software, hardware and services (including services which do not directly relate to air quality monitoring, such as education, consulting, training, etc.) and air quality control equipment.
The report begins by introducing the reader to how the market for air quality monitoring technologies has evolved over time and how various factors are impacting the sector. Building on that understanding, the report proceeds to identify the following factors:
- Primary forces with a direct impact on the air quality monitoring technologies markets.
- Secondary forces that have an indirect impact.
- Key funding and financing in this space, which are particularly supportive for new entrants.
- Some key challenges that may hinder market growth.
- Key visible trends.
- Top applications of air quality monitoring technologies, along with leading air quality monitoring technology segments.
- Demand in the North America, Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA), Asia-Pacific (APAC) and South America for air quality monitoring products.
Ritam Biswas has more than 10 years of experience in the market research and financial research space and has written and consulted on several research and advisory projects in various technology verticals. He has worked as a team leader and lead analyst in several technology businesses and has written numerous reports in areas such as disruptive technology, innovative and new technologies, advanced end-user computing, cloud security, virtualization security, mobile security and deep packet inspection.
- Global Markets for Precision Farming (FOD087A)
- Green Diesel: Further Developments in the Alternative Fuel Space (EGY169A)
- Global Fluorescence Microscopy Market (IAS134A)
- Deep Sea Mining Technologies, Equipment and Mineral Targets (AVM165A)
- LED Phosphors: Materials, Technologies, and Global Markets (AVM126A)
When do I get the report?
Most reports are fulfilled immediately. In some cases, it could take up to 24 hours.
In what format does this report get delivered to me?
We will send you an email with login credentials to access the report. You will also be able to download the pdf.
What are the free reports included in my purchase?
They consist of a collection of current reports from various partner publishers scanning multiple industries.
What is the difference between BCC Research and BCC Publishing?
BCC Research curates thousands of reports from different sources and provides access to this content to our clients. BCC Publishing is the publication arm of BCC Research (one of several publishers in our portal).
What reports do I get 'discounts' on with my purchase?
All reports. BCC Publishing reports will be available for a 50% discount. All other partner publishers are also available at deeply discounted rates.
Where are you located?
Wellesley Massachusetts, just outside of Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
How long has BCC Research been around?
We are approaching our 50 year anniversary in 2021!
What if I want you to invoice me for payment via Purchase Order?
Simply choose Pay by Purchase Order when you are checking out. We will connect with you via email to set up your order.
What if I have a question about your reports?
Call us, email us, or chat with us! We encourage your questions and feedback. We have a research concierge team available at all times, and included in every purchase, to help our customers find the research they need-when they need it.
Can I share this report with my team?
Absolutely yes, with the purchase of additional user licenses.
Can I use your research in my presentation?
Absolutely yes, so long as the publisher is properly cited.