Nutraceuticals: Global Markets
The global nutraceutical market was valued at $160.6 billion in 2013 and increased to $171.8 billion in 2014. The market is expected to reach $241.1 billion by 2019, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7% from 2014 to 2019.
- An overview of the global market for nutraceuticals and related processing technologies.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2013, estimates for 2014, and projections of CAGRs through 2019.
- Discussion on strategic issues like premiumization versus mass market distribution strategies, licensing/partnering agreements, NPD (new product development), product repositioning, niche markets, and other topics.
- Identification of trends and opportunities in the food, beverage, and supplement (FBS) market for all stakeholders.
- Analysis in terms of which products can appeal to the mass and niche markets.
- Comprehensive profiles of major players in the field.
This market report organizes information from diverse sources into a cohesive unit that includes a comparison of premium versus mass functional product as well as the nutraceutical value chain and the evolution of functional FBS. Regulations are also covered in the scope of this report.
BCC Research analyzed key categories and regions to determine the present and future nutraceutical market status and forecasted market growth from 2014 to 2019. In this report, we also discuss market strategies, patent evaluation and driving forces of the market.
Natraj Pandal is the BCC Research analyst of this report. Mr. Pandal has an MBA in Marketing and Systems from Osmania University, India. Mr. Pandal has more than seven years of experience in business research and market intelligence. He works as a consultant for syndicated projects in different domains such as chemicals, materials, food and beverage, automotive, aerospace, oil and gas, information technology and telecom, healthcare and sporting goods.
The global nutraceuticals market is estimated at about $151 billion in 2011. By 2016, it is estimated to reach nearly $207 billion, a projected compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.5% between 2011 and 2016.
- The global market for nutraceutical products increased from $117.3 billion in 2007 to an estimated $123.9 billion in 2008. It should reach $176.7 billion in 2013, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.4%.
- Nutraceutical foods currently have the largest share of the market and were worth $39.9 billion in 2007. This is expected to increase to $40.6 billion in 2008 and $56.7 billion in 2013, for a CAGR of 6.9%.
- Nutraceutical beverages generated $38.4 billion in 2007 and an estimated $42.8 billion in 2008. This segment is expected to dominate the market in 2013 with revenues of $71.3 billion, for a CAGR of 10.8%.
The global nutraceuticals market grew to $46.7 billion in 2002, at an AAGR of nearly 7%.
2007 nutraceutical sales are projected to reach $74.7 billion at an AAGR of 9.9%.
This assumes a world economic recovery in 2003 and an end to price competition.
Sales could accelerate with the introduction of a “blockbuster” nutraceutical.