Global Markets for Devices for Treating Congestive Heart Failure -- Focus on the Americas
- The global market for congestive heart failure devices was $3.1 billion in 2010. This global market reached $3.4 billion in 2011 and is expected to grow to $5.9 billion by 2016, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.7%.
- The American market for congestive heart failure devices accounted for nearly 52.5% of the market in 2010 and was valued at $1.6 billion. This market is expected to reach $1.8 billion in 201 and BCC anticipates that the market will approach $3.2 billion by 2016, a CAGR of 12.4%.
- In the Americas, ventricular assist devices (VAD) were the leading revenue generator with $761.5 million in 2011 and an expected $1.3 billion in 2016. VADs secured 43% of the market in 2011 and will continue to command 42% market share in 2016.
STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
The objectives of the study are to present a comprehensive look at the devices for treating congestive heart failure (CHF) provide global market measurements of both the overall market and all possible market segments, and to forecast market and segment growth over the next 5 years. This is the second report in the complete coverage of congestive heart failure. The first report, Drugs for Treating Congestive Heart Failure: Global Markets, is available from BCC Research.
REASONS FOR STUDY
This BCC study is presented to increase the awareness of devices to treat congestive heart failure. The study analyzes select devices for treating the congestive heart failure global market from different standpoints and addresses issues and trends affecting the market. Congestive heart failure drug manufacturers, driven by both research breakthroughs and increased recognition of expanding market opportunities, have stepped up the pace of development of innovative products. Because of the evolving nature of this important area of study, executives of product development for congestive heart failure devices must remain ever vigilant of the changing environment and strive to keep abreast of new and currently used modalities in all facets of the market.
SCOPE OF STUDY
This report is a comprehensive business tool designed to provide an in-depth look at devices for the congestive heart failure market. The geographic scope of the report is global with a special emphasis on individual regions. The report describes the industry, its relationship to the healthcare industry and its participants, and trends for the future.
Categories discussed in the report include:
- Ventricular Assist Devices
- Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators
- Others and Total Artificial Hearts.
All categories are discussed in detail, describing each segment, identifying current products on the market, measuring market size, identifying market drivers, forecasting for 2011 to 2016, and assessing the competitors and competitor market shares.
METHODOLOGY AND INFORMATION SOURCES
Both primary and secondary research methodologies were used in preparing this study. The information and analysis presented are based on extensive first-hand interviews with primary research sources, including executives, product managers, and clinical specialists in the congestive heart failure drug development arena. Background information was obtained from various government agencies, business and medical journals, trade magazines, and interviews with doctors and nurses involved in the treatment of congestive heart failure.
Key information from published literature was used to conduct interviews with over 14 industry participants to validate and obtain expert opinions on current and future trends in the assistive devices for special needs industry. Interviews were the primary basis for development of market size. Interviews were also used to confirm and/or adjust market size and market share estimates, as well as formulating market projections.
All market data pertain to the global market at the manufacturer’s level. Data are expressed in current U.S. dollars. The base year was 2011. Historical data are provided for 2010 and forecast data are provided for 2016. Historical, base year, and forecast data are provided for each market segment and subsegment. Market shares are provided for each market segment for the 2011 base year.
BCC ON-LINE SERVICES
BCC Research offers an online information retrieval service. Its home page, located at www.bccresearch.com, enables readers to:
- Examine the complete BCC Research catalog of market research reports and place direct orders.
- Subscribe to any of BCC Research’s many industry newsletters.
- Read announcements of recently published reports and newly launched newsletters.
- Register for its well-known conferences.
- Request additional information on any BCC research product.
- Take advantage of special offers.
This publication provides informative material of a professional nature. It does not constitute managerial, legal, or accounting advice, nor should it serve as a corporate policy guide or an endorsement of any given product or company. This information is intended to be as accurate as possible at the time it was written and was undertaken on a best-effort basis. The views expressed are those of the author and do not make any warranty, express or implied, for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of the information, or for the interpretation of data or its use by others. Projections involve risks and uncertainties that include but are not limited to technical risks associated with technology development, government regulatory approvals, and access to capital. The author assumes no responsibility for any losses or damages that may result from one’s reliance on this material.
Mary Anne Crandall is a medical research analyst and has specialized in the pharmaceuticals and medical device industry for the last 25 years. She has completed several in-depth studies on various medical topics requiring both expertise and knowledge of the industry. She is a retired nurse, has a B.S. and an M.S. in Psychology and is currently working on her Ph.D.