Antiaging Products and Services: The Global Market
The total market for antiaging products and services was valued at $249.3 billion in 2012. This is expected to increase to nearly $261.9 billion by the end of 2013 and $345.8 billion in 2018, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.7% between 2013 and 2018.
- An overview of the global market for antiaging products and services, including definitions and measurements for the baby boomer population.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2011 and 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018.
- Discussion of individual antiaging markets, products and services, anti-aging applications, technologies, and regions in the context of baby boomer demographics.
- Examination of the market structure and competitive landscape.
SCOPE AND FORMAT
This report is focused on the aging population, which is the largest user of antiaging products and services. The report is a full breakdown of the antiaging market, broken up by antiaging maintenance, beauty, and treatment markets. The report covers both products and services affecting specifically the aging demographics.
Each section will provide market data, market drivers, trends and opportunities, top-selling products or suppliers, and general market outlook. The report will provide roughly 100 market tables and figures that give complete insight into the market, along with 20 company profiles. All market tables are categorized by geographic region, supplier, and product categories. In total more than 130 tables and figures are used to review and illustrate the market for antiaging products and services.
All market data pertains to the global market at the manufacturers’ level. Data are expressed in current U.S. dollars. The base year of the report is 2013, with historical data provided for 2011 and 2012 and forecast data provided through 2018. Historical, base year, and forecast data are provided for each market segment of the report. Competitor market shares are provided for the 2012 year to reflect actual figures.
Melissa Elder is an experienced healthcare market analyst specializing in medical treatments, equipment and devices. Ms. Elder holds an MBA in Health Care Management and provides consultation to various institutions globally. She has been involved in the healthcare industry since 1996, providing more than 23 years of industry expertise. Ms. Elder has specialized in market research for more than 20 years, focusing on the areas of advanced medical technologies, biological products and animal health. In-depth analysis into more than 100 health-related topics has given Ms. Elder substantial insight into industry dynamics, market influences and future direction of various health markets. Her work in the medical community, including emergency room medical training and healthcare information system coordination, has enhanced her ability to provide insight into many healthcare specialties. She has authored several industry-specific documents and is a well-respected contributor to the market research community. Her writings are published in magazines, newspapers and professional journals. She is also an experienced custom market research writer who has worked with a large variety of clients in many fields who require innumerable variations to research documents.
- The global anti-aging market for the boomer generation was worth $162.2 billion in 2008. This should reach $274.5 billion in 2013, for compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.1%.
- The disease segment generated $66.0 billion in 2008. This is expected to grow at a CAGR of 12.5% to reach $119.2 billion in 2013.
- The appearance segment generated $64.4 billion in 2008. This segment should increase to $105.4 billion in 2013, for a CAGR of 10.4%.