Global Blockchain Technology in Healthcare Market
The global market for blockchain technology in healthcare reached $386.8 million in 2021. The market is estimated to increase from $640.7 million in 2022 to $7.0 billion by 2027, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 61.1% from 2022 through 2027.
- 43 data tables and 42 additional tables
- An up-to-date review of the global markets for blockchain technology in healthcare industry
- Analyses of global market trends, with historic market revenue data for 2021, estimates for 2022, 2023 and 2025, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2027
- Evaluation and forecast the market size for blockchain technology in healthcare, projected growth trends, and corresponding market share analysis by deployment mode, application, end-user, and geographic region
- Technology assessment of the key drivers, restraints and opportunities that will shape this market over the next few years (2022 to 2027)
- Description of blockchain technology applications in clinical trials, drug traceability, electronic health records (EHRs), precision medicine, and others including genomics research
- In-depth information on increasing investments on R&D activities, key technology issues, industry specific challenges, major types of end-user markets, and COVID-19 implications on the progress of this market
- Identification of the major stakeholders and analysis of the competitive landscape based on recent developments and segmental revenues
- Updated information on the key mergers and acquisitions, collaborations, partnerships, product launches, and other development strategies within the market for blockchain technology in healthcare
- Comprehensive company profiles of the leading market players, including Coral Health Inc., doc.ai Inc., IBM Corp., Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd., Microsoft Corp., and Oracle Corp.
In this report, the market has been segmented based on deployment mode, end user, application, and geography. The report provides an overview of the global blockchain technologies in the healthcare market and analyzes market trends. Using 2021 as the base year, the report provides estimated market data for the forecast period of 2022-2027. Market values have been estimated based on the total revenue of blockchain solution providers.
The report covers the market for blockchain about the user base across different regions. It also highlights major trends and challenges that affect the market and the vendor landscape. The report estimates the global market for blockchain in 2021 and provides projections for the expected market size through 2027.
The scope of the study includes the blockchain development platform and associated services as well as services associated with the platform. However, cryptocurrency wallets and mobile applications developed in the blockchain platform, predeveloped blockchain applications, and physical services have been excluded from the study.
BCC Publishing Staff comprises expert analysts who are skilled in conducting primary research, secondary research and data analysis and have decades of combined experience covering a wide range of industries, including healthcare, advanced materials and emerging technologies. Collectively, the team represents a diverse set of educational achievements with individual graduate work completed in fields such as microbiology, electrical engineering, business administration and surgery, among others.
The global market for blockchain technology in healthcare applications should grow from $140.0 million in 2019 to $1.4 billion by 2024 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 58.2% during the forecast period, 2019-2024.
- 36 data tables and 11 additional tables
- A brief general outlook of the global market for blockchain technology in healthcare industry
- Description of blockchain technology applications in clinical trials, drug traceability, electronic health records (EHR), precision medicine and others including genomics research
- Assessment of the market dynamics and key technological developments in blockchain technologies, as well as identification of market trends, opportunities, and challenges such as stringent rules and regulations and security and privacy concerns affecting the market
- Identification of companies that are considered as leaders in their field, as well as technological means these companies are using to exploit their markets and dominate the market in their fields
- Examination of the competitive landscape and profile description of key stakeholders. Major players include BurstIQ LLC, Doc.ai Inc., Intellectsoft LLC, Medtronic PLC, and Quest Diagnostics Inc.