Fluoroscopy and C-arms: Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for fluoroscopy and C-arms reached $2.2 billion in 2017 and should reach nearly $2.7 billion in 2022 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.8% for the period of 2017-2022.
- 51 data tables
- An overview of the global fluoroscopy and C-arms market and related technologies
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2016 and 2017, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2022
- An outline of the present state of applications of fluoroscopy and C-arms
- Descriptions of trends in price and price-performance and other factors, including demand in the market
- Profiles of key companies in the market, including Canon Inc., DMS Imaging., GE Healthcare, Hitachi Ltd, and Omega Medical Imaging LLC.
This report focuses on the global market for fluoroscopy products and provides an updated review including its types and its applications in various clinical fields. Clinical fields considered in this report are vascular, orthopedics, gastrointestinal, endoscopic, urologic, neurologic, critical care, pain management, and emergency procedures. The fluoroscopy and mobile C-arms market is mainly driven by growing cases of age-related alignments, chronic conditions and non-communicable diseases, and the corresponding increase in the number of surgeries. The scope of the study is global. BCC analyzes each market and its application, regulatory environment, new products and advancements, market projections and market shares. It is important to note that this report only includes full-sized C-arm systems for the purpose of analysis. Mini C-arm systems have not been included in the analysis of this study.
Also included in the report are relevant patent analysis and comprehensive profiles of companies that lead the fluoroscopy industry. Few major players that dominate the market for fluoroscopic devices are GE Healthcare (part of General Electric Co.), Philips Healthcare (part of Koninklijke Philips N.V.) and Siemens Healthcare GmbH (part of Siemens AG). Other significant players in the global fluoroscopic device are Canon Inc., Carestream Health Inc. (part of the Onex Corp.), Gemss Medical Systems Co. Ltd., Genoray Co. Ltd., Hologic Inc., Omega Medical Imaging LLC, OrthoScan Inc., Shimadzu Corp., Toshiba Medical Systems Corp. (part of Canon Inc.), Villa Sistemi Medicali SPA, Ziehm Imaging Inc. etc. The report includes company details and product profiles along with a competitive analysis of market participants.
The regional distribution of the market includes North America (the U.S. and Canada), Europe (Germany, the United Kingdom, France, Spain, Italy, Scandinavia, and Benelux) and emerging markets. The report provides market estimates and projections in terms of unit shipments and revenues for the forecast period 2017-2022. The market data pertains to new product/unit sales and does not include replacement or refurbished systems.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Shalini Shahani Dewan focuses on pharmaceuticals and biotechnology and has been a BCC Research contributor since 2002 as both an analyst and project manager. She has explored a wide range of topics and companies, including working for Johnson & Johnson doing market surveillance. She has an undergraduate degree in pharmacy and master's degree in medicinal chemistry. She resides in the Bay Area.
The global market for fluoroscopy and mobile C-arms was valued at $1.7 billion in 2013 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.2% from 2013 to 2018, reaching $2.0 billion in 2018.
- An overview of the global market for fluoroscopy and mobile C-arms.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012 and 2013, and projections of CAGRs through 2018.
- Information on market trends, emerging applications, breakdowns of market shares, and details concerning end user trends.
- A geographical breakdown of the market into the following major regions: the U.S., Canada, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the rest of the world.