Contact Lenses: Technologies and Global Markets
The global contact lens market was valued at $7.2 billion in 2010. This market reached nearly $7.8 billion in 2011 and will grow to $11.6 billion in 2016 at an estimated CAGR of 8.4% from 2011 to 2016.
SCOPE AND FORMAT
The key market segments covered in this report are as follows:
- Purpose: Corrective, cosmetic, therapeutic
- Characteristics: Rigid/hard, soft.
- Usability/life span: Disposables (daily disposables, silicone contact disposables, up to 30 days, others), conventional/planned replacement (daily wear, extended wear).
- Aesthetics/cosmetics: Tinted, translucent, colored, prosthetic contact lenses, special effect contact lenses.
- Design in hard and soft lenses: Spherical, toric, cosmetic, orthokeratology (Ortho-K), multifocal, and custom made.
- Corrective nature: Myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism, presbyopia.
- By age: Children, teens, young, middle, elderly.
- Others: Hydrophilic/hydrogel, gas permeable, others.
Varsha Bhat has more than 5 years experience in market intelligence, business research, strategic consulting, and analytics. She has experience in the healthcare domain with respect to pharmaceuticals, pharma chemicals and technologies, and the life sciences market. Varsha has been constantly tracking, authoring, and interacting with top market participants in these domains and has conducted high-level briefings. She has frequently delivered research services that contain high-level analysis, strategic recommendations, and top business strategies to enhance the market shares of industry players. She also has extensive experience in training and leading a global research and analytics team and holds a Bachelor of Science degree in biotechnology and an MBA in marketing.