In Vitro Diagnostics: Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for in vitro diagnostics (IVD) products was totaled at $57.3 billion in 2014. It is expected to grow from $60.3 billion in 2015 to $81.1 billion by 2020 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.1% from 2015 to 2020.
- An overview of the global markets and related technologies for in vitro diagnostics
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2014, estimates for 2015, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2020
- Detailed coverage of application areas, end users, and factors influencing and inhibiting demand for IVD
- Information about IVD products including reagents, instruments, and data management softwares and services
- A look at how the rise in the number of diseases like respiratory infections, hospital acquired infections (HAI), and sexually transmitted diseases are creating a constant need for infectious disease testing both in hospitals and laboratories
- Segmentation into immunochemistry, clinical chemistry, SMBG, POC, MDx, hematology, microbiology, hemostasis and tissue diagnostics
- Geographical breakdowns
- Application analysis: Diabetes, infectious, oncology, cardiology, neurology and others.
- Profiles of major players in the industry
SCOPE OF REPORT
The scope of this study is global. BCC Research analyzes each market and its applications, regulatory environment, technologies involved, market projections and market shares. The emerging markets discussed include countries such as India, China, Korea, Taiwan, Africa, Australia, Brazil and Russia, among others. The report also examines the IVD market drivers as well as restraints and challenges affecting its growth. Further, the report also highlights the emerging products and technologies and associated start-ups that are likely to accelerate the growth of the IVD industry through their best practices in the research and development of IVDs. Excluded from this study are diagnostic testing such as imaging, veterinary diagnostics and their associated products.
This study will provide information on these areas:
- Structure and current market size of the IVD market as outlined with forecasts through 2020.
- Impact of chronic diseases, growing and aging populations.
- Current technology and product suppliers and key innovations.
- A look at the IVD industry and trends affecting the market.
- Markets by each segment (immunochemistry, molecular diagnostics, POC tests, clinical microbiology, hematology and tissue diagnostics) provide a global overview showing market data for the U.S., Europe, Asia and LAAM regions.
- Emerging opportunities and potential investment opportunity areas for IVD.
- Technology patent trends relating to IVD.
- Profiles for more than 20 companies in the industry with significant contributions and market shares.
Sangeetha Prabakar is an experienced market research analyst with over 13 years of professional experience in research/consulting/competitive intelligence in the life sciences sector with varied coverage in pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, medical devices and imaging, patient monitoring, clinical diagnostics and drug discovery sectors. Ms. Sangeetha has specialized in biochemistry and human genetics in her academic studies. Though her vast experience and in-depth knowledge gained over the years, she provides strategic analysis and recommendations in her market studies, enabling the readers to make informed decisions.