Medical Aesthetic Devices: Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for medical aesthetic devices is estimated to increase from $16.5 billion in 2021 to $28.4 billion by 2026, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.4% during the forecast period of 2021-2026.
- 14 data tables and 31 additional tables
- An up-to-date review and analysis of the global markets for medical aesthetic devices used for cosmetic treatments
- Analyses of the global market trends, with data from 2018-2021, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2026
- Evaluation and forecast the overall market size for medical aesthetic devices, and quantification of the market potential by device type, end user, and region
- Discussion of the COVID-19 implications on the medical aesthetic devices market and key statistics for the number of surgical procedures performed
- Insights into the regulatory environment for medical aesthetic devices in the U.S. and Europe
- Identification of the major market drivers, restraints and other forces influencing the global market demand, and assessment of new developments within the industry
- Review of key patent grants on medical aesthetic devices
- Market share analysis of the key companies operating in the global market, and coverage of their proprietary technologies, key M&A deals, strategic alliances, and other development strategies
- Comprehensive company profiles of the leading global players, including AbbVie Inc., Alma Lasers, Inc., Bausch Health, Contura International, El.En. Group, Johnson & Johnson and Merz Pharma GmbH & Co. KGaA
This report on medical aesthetic devices gives a detailed analysis of the devices used for medical aesthetic procedures. In addition, the report covers the applications and end users for the market.
The report covers applications, such as botulinum neuromodulators, breast augmentation devices, dermal fillers, energy-emitting devices, and assistive liposuction devices. The market landscape is also captured by end-user segments such as hospitals, beauty clinics and medical spas.
A detailed analysis illustrating market dynamics and market structure is incorporated in the report. Porter’s Five Forces analysis as well as the supply and distribution chain are discussed in detail. The report covers the current regulations and guidelines for medical device quality management and manufacturing practices in the context of their use within the medical aesthetic devices industry. Top market players—including details on their business operations and segment focus—as well as revenue and strategy analysis are included in the report. In addition, market share analysis of the leading market players is also captured in the report, along with company product launches and pipeline products.
In terms of geography, the report analyzes the market across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Rest of the World. The market in key countries, namely the United States, Canada, Mexico, the top five countries in Europe, China, India, and Japan are discussed as there is a high concentration of medical aesthetic manufacturing companies and contract manufacturing organizations in these nations.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
BCC Research Team possesses expertise and experience in life and physical science domains. They specialize in offering valuable business insights, including industry analysis, competitor intelligence, strategic and financial analysis, and opportunity assessment. The team has in-depth knowledge of various sectors, including healthcare, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, IT, automation, advanced materials, and energy. They are proficient in qualitative and quantitative market intelligence providing clients with actionable insights. With a vast understanding of the competitive landscape, the team can support clients in making data-driven decisions to help them achieve a competitive edge in their respective markets.
|Base year considered||2020|
|Forecast period considered||2021-2026|
|Base year market size||$15.8 billion|
|Market size forecast||$28.3 billion|
|Growth rate||CAGR of 11.4% from 2021 to 2026|
|Units considered||$ Millions|
|Segments covered||Type, End User|
|Regions covered||North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Rest of the World (RoW)|
|Countries covered||U.S., Canada, Mexico, Germany, France, U.K., Spain, Italy, Rest of Europe, Japan, China, India, Australia, South Korea, Rest of Asia-Pacific, Brazil, Middle East, South Africa, Other Countries|
|Companies studied||ABBVIE INC. , ANIKA THERAPEUTICS, INC. , BAUSCH HEALTH COMPANIES INC. , CONTURA INTERNATIONAL A/S , CRISALIX S.A. , CUTERA, INC. , CYNOSURE, INC. , EL.EN. GROUP , IDEAL IMPLANT INC. , IMPLANTECH IMPLANT TEKNOLOJILERI , JOHNSON & JOHNSON , LUMENIS LTD. , MEDYTOX INC. , MERZ PHARMA GMBH & CO. KGAA , PHOTOMEDEX INC. , REVANCE THERAPEUTICS, INC. , SUNEVA MEDICAL, INC. , SYNERON MEDICAL LTD. , VENUS CONCEPT|
The global market for medical aesthetic devices reached $13.5 billion in 2017 and is expected to reach nearly $25.1 billion by 2022 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13.1% for the period of 2017-2022.
- 36 tables
- An overview of the global markets and technologies for medical aesthetic devices
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2016 and 2017, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2022
- Discussion of the properties and characteristics of human skin, hair, and breasts
- Description of medical devices, including botulinum neuromodulators, breast augmentation devices, and injectable dermal fillers
- Coverage of devices for assisted liposuction using ultrasound, light, or water
- Insight into the regulatory environment for medical devices and drugs in the U.S. and Europe
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players in the market, including Allergan PLC, Cutera, Inc, El. En. Group, Hologic, Inc, Implatech Implant Teknolojileri and Johnson and Johnson
The global market for medical aesthetic devices reached $4.4 billion in 2013 and increasing to $4.6 billion in 2014. This market should reach nearly $6.2 billion in 2019, demonstrating a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.8% from 2014 to 2019.
- An overview of the global markets and technologies for medical aesthetic devices.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2013, estimates for 2014, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2019.
- Coverage of medical devices including:
- Botulinum neuromodulators for aesthetic applications
- Breast augmentation devices, including implants and injectable materials
- Injectable dermal fillers
- Devices for assisted liposuction using ultrasound, light, or water
- Externally-applied energy-emitting devices
- Details concerning the regulatory environment for medical devices and drugs in the U.S. and Europe as it strongly effects product availability.
- Profiles of major players in the medical aesthetics industry.
The global market for medical aesthetic devices will experience a 7.4% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) over a 5-year forecast period, with revenues rising from $3.3 billion in 2010 to $4.8 billion in 2015.