Global Markets and Technologies for Medical Lasers
The global market for medical laser devices was $2.7 billion in 2010. As it recovers from the effects of the recent recession, the market is expected to increase to more than $3 billion in 2011 and $6.8 billion in 2016, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 17.3% over the 5-year period.
SCOPE AND FORMAT
The report addresses the global market for lasers used in diagnostic, therapeutic, and cosmetic applications during the period from 2010 through 2016. It addresses the market in its entirety as well as in selected regional and country markets.
The report does not cover the market for lasers used in the fabrication of medical devices (e.g., in the creation of microscopic features and spot welds). The focus is on the market for lasers themselves, rather than the larger pieces of equipment that incorporate them.
The format of the study includes the following elements:
- Types of medical lasers and their main applications
- End-user segments
- Market environment (legal and regulatory, standards, trends in the healthcare industry, demographic and economic trends, other market drivers and barriers to deployment)
- Detailed market estimates and projections, by type of laser/end-user segment/geographical area for the period 2010–2016
- Supplier profiles
- Patent analysis.
Andrew McWilliams spent more than 25 years as a consultant with Ernst & Young, McKinsey & Company and A.T. Kearny focused on manufacturing before segueing into research analysis. He has been covering myriad technology categories for BCC Research for more than 15 years. McWilliams has a BA from Princeton University and an MA from Harvard University. He has worked in more than 40 countries and he resides in the greater Boston area.
- Implosion Manufacturing: Novel Nanotech Methods for Next Generation Materials (NAN065A)
- Civil engineering Services for Public Works Infrastructure Projects: North America (ENG023A)
- Organic Foods and Beverages: Global Markets (FOD067B)
- Bionics: Technologies and Global Markets (HLC196B)
- The Market for Minimally Invasive Medical Devices (HLC051H)
- Global market for medical lasers by end use was worth approximately $2.7 billion in 2008. This market declined to less than $2.3 billion in 2009 under the impact of the recession in many of the world’s major economies, it is projected to grow to nearly $4.8 billion between 2009 and 2014, at a CAGR of 16.1% over the 5-year period
- Therapeutic laser applications market was nearly $2.3 billion in 2008; this further decreased to $1.9 billion in 2009, this is projected to reach $3.7 billion in 2014, for a 5-year CAGR of 13.3%.
- Diagnostic application market was $330 million in 2008; this further decreased to $328 million in 2009, this is projected to reach $1.2 billion in 2014, for a 5-year CAGR of 28.9%.