Preventive Healthcare Technologies, Products and Markets
- Overall sales U.S. market for new preventive healthcare technologies and serviceswere worth nearly $9 billion in 2008, which further increased to $11 billion in 2009. By 2014, sales are projected to increase to nearly $16 billion, for a 5-year CAGR of 8.2%.
- The sales in products were valued at $7 billion in 2008. It increased to $8.5 billion in 2009, and projected to reach $12 billion in 2014, for a 5-year CAGR of 7.4%.
- Sales in the preventive healthcare technologies services were worth $2 billion in 2008, and increased to nearly $2.4 billion in 2009. By 2014, they are projected to increase to $4 billion, for a 5-year CAGR of 10.8%.
- Identifying the most promising preventive-care technologies that have entered the market in recent years or are in advanced development as of 2009
- Estimating the market for these technologies in 2008
- Analyzing the technical, economic and other demand drivers for these products, and other prerequisites of success in these markets
- Projecting the potential markets for these technologies through 2014.
- Provide early warning of a disease before it becomes symptomatic.
- Identify a predisposition to disease or other health problem, so that appropriate steps can be taken (e.g., genetic screening for various cancers).
- Protect against or strengthen the body’s resistance to disease (e.g., vaccines).
- Reduce the possibility of unintended adverse impacts from therapy (e.g., adverse drug reactions).
- Are used in the management of chronic medical conditions.
- Types of preventive healthcare technologies and services and their main applications
- Enabling technologies
- End-user segments
- Market environment (legal and regulatory, standards, trends in the healthcare industry, demographic and economic trends, other market drivers and barriers to deployment)
- Detailed market estimates and projections for each preventive healthcare technology or service during the period 2008–2014
- Supplier profiles
- Patent analysis.
- Examine BCC’s complete catalog of Market Research Reports and place direct orders
- Subscribe to any of BCC’s many industry newsletters
- Read announcements of recently published reports and newly launched newsletters
- Register for BCC’s well-known conferences
- Request additional information on any BCC product
- Take advantage of special offers