Spinal Surgical Devices: Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for spinal surgical devices should grow from $10.0 billion in 2018 to $13.3 billion by 2023 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.8% from 2018 through 2023.
- 38 data tables and 15 additional tables
- Industry analysis of the global market for spinal surgical devices within the healthcare sector
- Analyses of the global market trends with data from 2017, estimates for 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Coverage of technologies used for the treatment of spine injuries, including spinal decompression, fusion, non-fusion, vertebral compression fracture, minimally-invasive and spine biologics
- Information of growth driving factors like technological advancements in both surgical approaches and spinal implants, and restraints of the market
- Market analysis by surgical procedure, including annual incidence, trend analysis, and factors influencing future predicted surgical volume
- Insight into new products and technologies, as well as the development of new products that can address a growing number of therapeutic indications
- International regulations of spinal surgical devices and instruments
- Company profiles of key device manufacturers along with their market share and product strategies. Major players including Integra LifeSciences Holdings Corp., K2M Inc., Medtronic, SpineVision SA, Stryker Corp., and Zimmer Biomet
This report is a business analysis that has the primary purpose of examining trends and highlighting current and future potential in the market for spinal surgical devices. Detailed analysis of the competitive environment and technological development is provided in the report.
The report includes current and new technologies, market projections and the market shares of key market players. Market drivers, trends and potential regional market opportunities for spinal surgical devices are also identified in this report. This is an update from the previous version of this report and the analysis of clinical trials, presence of key players in respective spinal surgical segments and key developments are some of the additions.
The report includes sections on the following topics:
- Current prevalence of common spinal problems, trend analysis, and factors influencing future incidence.
- Global demand by device and projected future trends by device category.
- Risk factors and other drivers that might affect the future incidence of spine surgery and related utilization of spinal surgical devices.
- International regulation of spinal devices.
- Analysis of clinical trials.
- Market share and information on key device manufacturers.
This report includes market estimates for spinal surgical devices (fusion, non-fusion, decompression, and Vertebral Fracture Repair). Geographic market segmentation (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Rest of World) of the overall market and global market share by company is provided. For market estimates, data has been provided for the year 2017, as the base year, 2018 and a forecast for 2023. Estimated values used are based on manufacturers' total revenues. Projected and forecasted revenue values are in constant US dollars, unadjusted for inflation.
BCC Publishing Staff comprises expert analysts who are skilled in conducting primary research, secondary research and data analysis and have decades of combined experience covering a wide range of industries, including healthcare, advanced materials and emerging technologies. Collectively, the team represents a diverse set of educational achievements with individual graduate work completed in fields such as microbiology, electrical engineering, business administration and surgery, among others.
- Kinase Inhibitors: Global Markets (BIO053D)
- Retro-Reflective Materials: Global Market (AVM214A)
- Breast Augmentation: Global Markets (MDS048A)
- Healthcare-Acquired Infections: Devices, Pharmaceuticals, and Environmental Products (HLC092E)
- Far-Field Speech and Voice Recognition: Global Markets (IAS178A)
The global spinal surgical market is projected to reach almost $6.5 billion by 2015, a 3.4% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) over the 2010 value of $5.5 billion.
The nonfusion device segment is expected to grow at a 10% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) versus 1.3% for fusion products, but it is not expected to constitute more than 15% of the total spinal surgical device market by 2015. This sector is valued at $624 million in 2010 and is expected to reach $1 billion by 2015.
Vertebral repair is a rapidly growing market, directly related to the continued growth of the aging population and osteoporosis-related fractures. This sector is valued at $532 million in 2010 and is expected to increase at a 10% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) to reach $858 million in 2015.