Surgical Equipment: Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for surgical equipment reached $4.1 billion in 2012. This is expected to increase to $5 billion in 2013 and about $8.2 billion by the end of 2018, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.3% for the five-year period, 2013 to 2018.
- An overview of the global market for surgical equipment, which is undergoing significant changes with technology innovations such as surgical robotics, the introduction of powered surgical tools, and a significant focus on minimally invasive procedures.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of CAGRs for the period of 2013 to 2018.
- A breakdown of general, OB-GYN, arthroscopy, laparoscopy, and other categories of surgical instruments.
- Discussion of the market by supply chain, technology, geography, and by usability of equipment, such as disposable and reusable.
- Examination of the competitive landscape, focusing on mergers and acquisition, partnerships and collaborations, new product launches and innovations, and other developments.
SCOPE OF THE REPORT
This research report presents an in-depth analysis of the surgical equipment market, including forecasted trends and sales through 2018. Key market participants, extensive product segments, supporting technologies, trends and market dynamics, competitive intelligence and regional trends are discussed in the report. The report discusses various supply chain participants such as manufacturers, suppliers, retailers and hospitals. Key trends, market estimates, significant strategies among the stakeholders, product portfolios and recent developments will be presented in detail. An in-depth patent analysis is presented in the report and focuses on the development of extensive technological trends across regions (i.e., the U.S., Europe and Japan).
The report presents a market analysis and estimates for the broad range of surgical equipment across the key therapeutic segments such as cardiovascular, neurology, gynecology and urology orthopedics. It excludes supporting devices such as anesthesia systems, sterilization equipment, diagnostic systems, integrated robotic systems and implants.
Bhavna Joshi has more than six years of experience researching and reporting on health care markets. In addition to business research and consulting, she has conducted corporate briefings for top players in a wide range of market segments. After earning her MBA (marketing and finance stream) from Chennai University, she worked with major market research firms.
Bhavna Joshi has authored several market research studies on the health care sector. Some of these include:
- Health care tracking technologies.
- Molecular diagnostics market.
- High-growth markets in health care and life sciences.
- Adoption rates and analysis of OTC diabetic medicines and supplements.
- Radio-frequency identification (RFID), real time locating systems (RTLS), IP surveillance and other emerging technologies in health care.