Surgical Equipment: Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for surgical equipment should grow from $5.0 billion in 2020 to $8.2 billion by 2025, at compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.3% for the period of 2020-2025.
- 271 data tables and 42 additional tables
- An overview of the global market and technologies for general surgical equipment
- Estimation of the market size and analyses of global market trends, with data from 2019, 2020 and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2025
- Information on the global surgical equipment market structure and technological innovations such as surgical robotics, powered surgical tools, and a significant focus on minimally invasive procedures
- Insights into healthcare regulations, policies and implications; and discussion on regulated or proposed to be regulated medical devices
- Quantification and estimation of market revenues and dynamics for the global surgical equipment market and its segments, by product, usability, supply chain and technology
- Study of the factors impacting market growth and analyze trends and opportunities in major regions, and the trends, gaps and opportunities in each micro market
- Coverage of events like mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, collaborations or partnerships, and other key market strategies
- Discussion of the impact of COVID-19 on micro and macro environment factors that influence surgical equipment markets
- Company profiles of the market leading participants, including Becton, Dickinson and Co., ConMed, Hologic Inc., Johnson & Johnson and Medtronic PLC
This research report presents an in-depth analysis of the surgical equipment market, including forecasted trends and sales through 2025 Key market participants, extensive product segments, supporting technologies, trends and market dynamics, competitive intelligence and regional trends are discussed in the report. This report analyzes key market dynamics and changes in the surgical equipment market due to the pandemic. The report discusses various supply chain participants (manufacturers, suppliers, retailers and hospitals). Key trends, market estimates, significant strategies among stakeholders, product portfolios and recent developments will be presented in detail. An in-depth patent analysis is presented in the report and focuses on the development of extensive technological trends across regions (i.e., the U.S., Europe and Japan).
This report presents a market analysis and estimates for the broad range of surgical equipment across key therapeutic segments: cardiovascular, neurology, gynecology and urology orthopedics. It excludes supporting devices such as anesthesia systems, sterilization equipment, diagnostic systems, integrated robotic systems and implants.
Sathya Durga has more than 15 years of business research and consulting experience. In addition, she has conducted corporate briefings for top players in a wide range of market segments. She holds an MBA in the marketing and finance field from Chennai University and has worked with major market research firms.
Sathya Durga has authored several market research studies on subjects in the healthcare domain, including:
- Healthcare tracking technologies.
- Molecular diagnostics market.
- High-growth markets in healthcare and life sciences.
- Adoption rates and analysis of over-the-counter (OTC) diabetic medicines and supplements.
- Radio frequency identification (RFID), real-time locating systems (RTLS), Internet protocol (IP) surveillance and other emerging technologies in the healthcare domain.
The global market for surgical equipment reached $4.1 billion in 2012. This is expected to increase to $5 billion in 2013 and about $8.2 billion by the end of 2018, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.3% for the five-year period, 2013 to 2018.
- An overview of the global market for surgical equipment, which is undergoing significant changes with technology innovations such as surgical robotics, the introduction of powered surgical tools, and a significant focus on minimally invasive procedures.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of CAGRs for the period of 2013 to 2018.
- A breakdown of general, OB-GYN, arthroscopy, laparoscopy, and other categories of surgical instruments.
- Discussion of the market by supply chain, technology, geography, and by usability of equipment, such as disposable and reusable.
- Examination of the competitive landscape, focusing on mergers and acquisition, partnerships and collaborations, new product launches and innovations, and other developments.