Global Markets for Conformal Coatings in Electronics
The global market for conformal coating materials, equipment, and spares is expected to grow from $7.9 billion in 2011 to $8.5 billion in 2012, and $9 billion in 2017, a CAGR of 1% between 2012 and 2017.
SCOPE AND FORMAT
The report has been prepared in a simple format that can be easily understood with a number of tables and charts/figures. The scope of the report includes a detailed study of global and regional markets for various types of conformal coatings and coating equipment with the reasons given for variations in the growth of the industry in certain regions.
The author of the earlier study on which this updated report is based, Srinivasa Rajaram, is a mechanical engineer with more than 40 years experience in designing factory layouts and setting up factories. He has set up factories for production of weighing machines and dynamic balancing machines in India and has experience in designing, production, and the servicing of the above equipment. He was Senior Vice President of M/S Schenck Avery, Ltd., an Indo-German joint venture, and set up the electronics department for manufacturing various types of electronic weighing and dynamic balancing equipment.
The analyst responsible for updating the report is Andrew McWilliams, a partner in the Boston–based international technology and marketing consulting firm, 43rd Parallel LLC. Mr. McWilliams is the author or co–author of many other BCC studies, including studies in related fields such as:
- AVM015F High-Performance Ceramic Coatings: Markets and Technologies.
- AVM025G Diamond, Diamond-Like and CBN Films and Coating Products.
- AVM078A New Electronic Materials and Device Technologies: Global Markets.
- The global market for conformal coatings for electronics will increase from $6.3 billion in 2007 to an estimated $6.6 billion in 2008. It should reach $9.1 billion in 2013, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.8%.
- Conformal coating materials generated $1.4 billion in 2007 and an estimated $1.5 billion in 2008. This segment should increase to $2.3 billion in 2013, for a CAGR of 8.9%.
- Equipment for conformal coating is expected to generate $5.1 billion in 2008, an increase from $4.9 billion in 2007. This segment should reach $6.9 billion in 2013, for a CAGR of 6.2%.
The value of the worldwide conformal coatings markets was $800 million in 2005. It is projected to grow in value at an average annual growth rate (AAGR) of about 15% to reach $1.6 billion by 2010. Key markets include semiconductor/electronics, medical devices, aerospace and automotive.
Conformal coating use in the aerospace sector is the most developed segment of the industry. The aerospace sector represents about 21% of the market ($170 million). It is projected to grow at an AAGR of 8% through 2010 to $250 million.
Automotive markets, representing about 18% of the market, will show an AAGR of 20%, increasing to $360 million by 2010. This growth will be driven by increased use of electronic monitoring, sensing/controlling devices, and computer systems over the next several years