Global Markets for Conformal Coatings in Electronics
The value of the worldwide market for conformal coating materials and equipment and spares is expected to grow from $8.1 billion in 2013 to $9 billion in 2014, and reach $12.2 billion in 2019, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.3% between 2014 and 2019.
- An overview of the global markets for conformal coatings used in electronics.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2013, estimates for 2014, and projections of CAGRs through 2019.
- Information on the technology, development, production, and methods of application for conformal coatings in electronics.
- Analysis of major market trends both in terms of region and the application sector.
- Information on various emerging technologies and new products produced using these technologies.
- Analysis of the drivers of demand for the market including performance, ease of application, sustainability, quality, functionality, and environmental properties of the coatings.
The report has been prepared in a simple format that can be easily understood with a number of tables and charts/figures. The scope of the report includes a detailed study of global and regional markets for various types of conformal coatings and coating equipment with the reasons given for variations in the growth of the industry in certain regions.
Andrew McWilliams spent more than 25 years as a consultant with Ernst & Young, McKinsey & Company and A.T. Kearny focused on manufacturing before segueing into research analysis. He has been covering myriad technology categories for BCC Research for more than 15 years. McWilliams has a BA from Princeton University and an MA from Harvard University. He has worked in more than 40 countries and he resides in the greater Boston area.
- Composite Fabrication Technologies: Global Markets to 2023 (MFG054A)
- Global Markets and Technologies for Food Safety Testing (FOD011K)
- Advanced Ceramics and Nanoceramic Powders (NAN015J)
- The Global Market for Membrane Microfiltration (MST028G)
- Global Markets for Inorganic Microporous and Nanoporous Adsorbents (CHM022E)
The global market for conformal coating materials, equipment, and spares is expected to grow from $7.9 billion in 2011 to $8.5 billion in 2012, and $9 billion in 2017, a CAGR of 1% between 2012 and 2017.
- The global market for conformal coatings for electronics will increase from $6.3 billion in 2007 to an estimated $6.6 billion in 2008. It should reach $9.1 billion in 2013, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.8%.
- Conformal coating materials generated $1.4 billion in 2007 and an estimated $1.5 billion in 2008. This segment should increase to $2.3 billion in 2013, for a CAGR of 8.9%.
- Equipment for conformal coating is expected to generate $5.1 billion in 2008, an increase from $4.9 billion in 2007. This segment should reach $6.9 billion in 2013, for a CAGR of 6.2%.
The value of the worldwide conformal coatings markets was $800 million in 2005. It is projected to grow in value at an average annual growth rate (AAGR) of about 15% to reach $1.6 billion by 2010. Key markets include semiconductor/electronics, medical devices, aerospace and automotive.
Conformal coating use in the aerospace sector is the most developed segment of the industry. The aerospace sector represents about 21% of the market ($170 million). It is projected to grow at an AAGR of 8% through 2010 to $250 million.
Automotive markets, representing about 18% of the market, will show an AAGR of 20%, increasing to $360 million by 2010. This growth will be driven by increased use of electronic monitoring, sensing/controlling devices, and computer systems over the next several years