Connected Medical Device Technologies: Global Markets for Sensors, Platforms and Processors
The global market for connected medical device technologies reached nearly $5.0 billion in 2016 and should reach $8.3 billion by 2021, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.8% from 2016 through 2021.
- An overview of the global market for connected medical device technologies.
- Analyses of global market trends with data from 2015 and 2016, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2021.
- Discussion of underlying technologies driven by the connected medical device trend.
- An in-depth analysis of CMD technologies by type: specifically connected medical device sensors, platforms and processors.
- Information on the changing regulatory landscape and competitive dynamics, including critical success factors, such as research and development capability, installed base, branding and ecosystem influence, and partnerships.
- Profiles of major players in the industry.
This report covers the global market for connected medical devices and a regional analysis of North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East and Africa and Asia-Pacific. Component segments include sensors (temperature, position, pressure, flow, level and other), platforms (connectivity, data application integration, device management) and processors. Other technologies such as chemical, force, image, SQUID, biosensors and spintronics are discussed qualitatively. The market for embedded microprocessors and microcontrollers is also sized and analyzed.
Michael Sullivan has more than 20 years of experience tracking and analyzing technology and buyer behavior in energy and information technology (IT). He is an expert in the changes to business, energy and technology strategy that occur at the inflection points. Michael has written and researched the current inflection points of green buildings, energy management systems and cloud for companies such as Microsoft and Hewlett-Packard, as well as energy and building system transformation for companies such as Schneider-Electric. An author and journalist, he also writes market research reports in the categories of Environment, Healthcare, Information Technology, Instrumentation and Sensors and Security. He has an MBA from Boston University School of Management.
- Remote Sensing Technologies and Global Markets (IAS022F)
- The Internet of Things (IoT) in Global Retail Markets Through 2023 (IFT135A)
- Biosensors and Nanosensors: Global Markets and Technologies (IAS128A)
- Gas Engines for Drones and Electric Vehicles: Global Markets Through 2023 (EGY155A)
- Electric Motors for Drones and Electric Vehicles: Global Markets and Technologies Through 2023 (EGY154A)