Printed Electronics: Global Markets to 2022
The global printed electronics market should reach $26.6 billion by 2022 from $14.0 billion in 2017 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13.6%, from 2017 to 2022.
- 35 data tables
- An overview of the global market for printed electronics
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2016, estimates for 2017, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2022
- An insight into the types of printed electronics and their respective properties, advantages, and disadvantages
- Overview of the size, segmentation, and projected growth trends of the printed electronics market
- Descriptions of key patents related to the printed electronics market
- Profiles of major players and companies in the market, including: Acreo AB, Air Products and Chemicals, Applied Ink Solutions, Cambridge Display Technologies, Conductive Inkjet Technology, Cypak, Delta Optoelectronics Inc., DKN Research
This report will provide trends, market sizing and forecast across printed electronic component segments, including printing methods, inks and substrates, and across applications including optoelectronics for displays, energy, sensors and radio frequency devices.
Usage of printed electronics will be sized and forecast in terms of revenue for suppliers from key industries, including consumer products, building products, medical and life sciences, advertising, motor vehicles, retail, environmental monitoring, and transport and logistics. Regional coverage of these segments includes North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Asia-Pacific and Rest of World.
Michael Sullivan has more than 20 years of experience tracking and analyzing technology and buyer behavior in energy and information technology (IT). He is an expert in the changes to business, energy and technology strategy that occur at the inflection points. Michael has written and researched the current inflection points of green buildings, energy management systems and cloud for companies such as Microsoft and Hewlett-Packard, as well as energy and building system transformation for companies such as Schneider-Electric. An author and journalist, he also writes market research reports in the categories of Environment, Healthcare, Information Technology, Instrumentation and Sensors and Security. He has an MBA from Boston University School of Management.
- Remote Sensing Technologies and Global Markets (IAS022F)
- The Internet of Things (IoT) in Global Retail Markets Through 2023 (IFT135A)
- Biosensors and Nanosensors: Global Markets and Technologies (IAS128A)
- Gas Engines for Drones and Electric Vehicles: Global Markets Through 2023 (EGY155A)
- Electric Motors for Drones and Electric Vehicles: Global Markets and Technologies Through 2023 (EGY154A)
The global market for printed electronics totaled almost $2.7 billion in 2010, nearly $3.5 billion in 2011, and BCC estimates the market will be more than $12.6 billion in 2016, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 29.4% over the next five years.
- The global market for PE will increase from $2.8 billion in 2007 to an estimated $3.1 billion by the end of 2008. It should reach $8.8 billion in 2013, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 23.2%.
- The market for printed electronics for energy applications is expected to grow at a CAGR of 139.5%, from an estimated $18.1 million in 2008 to $1.4 billion in 2013.
- Printed electroluminescent lighting and displays make up the largest technology segment, although their market share is projected to decline from 85% in 2007 to 34% in 2013.