Technology Platforms for the Internet of Things (IoT)
The global market for Internet of Things (IOT) platforms will grow from $1.2 billion in 2018 to $5.1 billion by 2023 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 33.6% for the period of 2018-2023.
- 37 tables
- An overview of technology platforms for the internet of things (IoT)
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2016, 2017, 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- An overview of new developments and recent standards for IoT solutions that will impact the development of future IoT platforms
- A look at the current and potential applications for IoT platforms
- Coverage of application enablement platforms, device management platforms, connectivity management platforms, and sensor data management platforms in the IoT market
- Evaluations of trends, such as venture capital funding, key acquisitions, and partnerships
- Company profiles of industry players, including, General Electric, Huawei, Machine 2 Machine Intelligence Corp. (M2mi), Vodafone, and Oracle Kore Wireless
This report analyzes the market for third-party commercialized IoT software platforms and discusses how the IoT technology market will evolve as well as the trends impacting its adoption. Platforms based on pure hardware solutions and chipsets are not included in this report.
This BCC Research study was conducted with a global perspective in terms of the IoT platforms technology and their applications. Market projections have been conducted for five geographic regions (North America, South America, Europe, Middle East & Africa and Asia-Pacific) and all market revenues reported are in constant 2017 U.S. dollars.
The report contains:
- An in-depth analysis of the market for technologies used in IoT platforms.
- New developments and recent standards for IoT solutions that will impact the development of future IoT platforms.
- Current and potential applications for IoT platforms.
- Current and future market projections for IoT platforms.
- Profiles of current industry players including platform vendors.
- An overview of IoT standards consortiums, service provider partnerships, important acquisitions and venture capital funding.
- A review of market opportunities for current industry participants as well as new entrants.
Nandita Bhotika is a freelance market research professional with a strong market research background. She has worked as a senior analyst in the information technology group for Frost & Sullivan in India and the U.S. She also developed data-driven market research for the group’s global IT research markets. She has worked on data analysis projects for companies such as Samsung.
Her strength is in analyzing new markets and technology trends, especially in information technology, and she has worked as a market consultant to service providers, especially in the internet service provider segment. She has in-depth knowledge of the composite industry and its application in the wind energy market.
She has authored the BCC Research report on Technologies and Global markets in Unified Communication and Collaboration, and the IoT markets.
She also recently published and presented her findings on a BCC Research market report for IoT security technologies which gives an understanding of the market and need for secured IoT devices, applications and data, as well as the technologies and trends impacting this market.
The global market for Internet of Things (IoT) platforms will grow from $629.0 million in 2016 to more than $2.3 billion by 2021, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 30.0% for the period of 2016-2021.
- An overview of technology platforms for the Internet of Things (IoT).
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2015, 2016, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2021.
- Analyses of the IoT platform market based on different parameters such as revenues, market shares, growth rates and market trends.
- A look at the market segmented into four categories: application enablement platforms, device management platforms, connectivity management platforms, and sensor data management platforms.
- Evaluation of trends such as venture capital funding, key acquisitions and partnerships, and different types IoT platforms.
- Profiles of major players in the industry.