Video On Demand: Solutions and Global Markets
The global market for video-on-demand (VoD) is estimated to increase from $80.6 billion in 2022 to reach $170.9 billion by 2027, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 16.2% from 2022 through 2027.
- 41 data tables and 17 additional tables
- An up-to-date overview and industry analysis of the global video-on-demand (VoD) market
- Analyses of the global market trends, with historic market revenue (sales figures) for 2021, estimates for 2022, forecasts for 2023, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2028
- Highlights of emerging technology trends, opportunities and gaps estimating current and future demand in the market for edge security, and identification of the major regions and countries involved in video-on-demand market developments
- Estimation of the actual market size and revenue forecast for the global video-on-demand market, and corresponding market share analysis based on solution, monetization/delivery model, end user vertical, device type, and region
- Updated information on the recent market dynamics, industry shifts and regulations, and other macroeconomic variables that will shape and influence this market in the coming years (2022-2027)
- A relevant patent analysis with corresponding number of patent applications and patents granted on video-on-demand technologies and solutions
- Insight into the recent industry structure on video-on-demand, competitive aspects of each product segment, increasing investment on R&D activities, market development strategies, and company value share analysis
- Identification of the major stakeholders and analysis of the competitive landscape based on recent developments, products and services offerings, and segmental revenues
- Descriptive company profiles of the leading global players, including Amazon, Alphabet Inc., Apple Inc., Netflix Inc., The Walt Disney Co., and Paramount Global
In this report, the market has been segmented based on solution, monetization model, vertical, device, and geographical region. The report provides an overview of the global video-on-demand market and analyzes market trends. Using 2021 as the base year, the report provides estimated market data for the forecast period of 2022 through 2027. Revenue forecasts for this period are segmented based on solution, monetization model, vertical, device, and geography.
Based on solution, the market has been categorized into Internet Protocol television (IPTV), Pay TV video on demand, and over-the-top (OTT) service. Based on delivery model, the market has been segmented into subscription video on demand (SVoD), transactional video on demand (TVoD), and advertisement-based video on demand (AVoD). Based on vertical, the market has been segmented into media and entertainment, education and training, health and fitness, and others. Based on device, the market has been segmented into TVs, PCs, smartphones, and others. In addition, the report also offers a major regional analysis of North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the rest of the world (RoW). Market values have been estimated based on the total revenue of video-on-demand solution providers.
COVID-19 has had a massive impact on society since the start of 2020. This report considers the impact of COVID-19 and the economic slowdown that it created. The report covers the market for video on demand regarding the user base across different regions. It also highlights major trends and challenges that will affect the market and the vendor landscape. The report estimates the global market for video on demand in 2021 and provides projections for the expected market size through 2027.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Growing internet penetration
- Increasing penetration of smartphones and smart TVs
- Impact of 5G on VoD
- Expansion into emerging markets
Saransh Parmar – Assistant Manager –Technology Research
Saransh Parmar is a highly experienced market research professional with a strong track record of success across multiple business functions. With almost a decade of experience in the market research industry, Saransh has developed deep expertise across verticals such as ICT, semiconductors, and electronics. In addition to the above, he possesses a wide range of business skills, including team management, project management, quality check, competitive response strategies, market assessment and attractiveness, entry and growth strategy, and client service. His academic background includes a master's degree in Marketing and Business Management and a bachelor's degree in Commerce.
|Base year considered||2021|
|Forecast period considered||2022 to 2027|
|Base year market size||$70.6 billion|
|Market size forecast||$170.9 billion|
|Growth rate||CAGR of 16.2% during the forecast period of 2022-2027|
|Units considered||$ Billions|
|Segments covered||By Solution, Monetization Model, Vertical, Device Type, and Region|
|Regions covered||North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW)|
|Countries covered||U.S., Canada, Mexico, Germany, United Kingdom, France, Japan, China, India, South Korea|
|Key Market Drivers||
The global video on demand market should grow from $66.4 billion in 2020 to $128.4 billion by 2025 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 14.1% for the period of 2020-2025.
- 35 data tables and 20 additional tables
- An overview of the global video-on-demand market and solutions
- Estimation of the market size and analyses of global market trends, with data from 2019, estimates for 2020 and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2025
- Highlights of quantitative and qualitative data of the video-on-demand market by solution, delivery model, application, industry vertical and region
- Coverage of evolution and major developments in video-on-demand market and discussion on effect of digitalisation on entertainment industry
- Identification of market drivers, restraints and other forces impacting the global video-on-demand market and evaluation of current market trends, market size, market forecast, and technological advancements within the industry
- Impact analysis of COVID-19 on the video-on-demand market
- Market share analysis of the key companies of the industry and coverage of events like mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, collaborations or partnerships, and other key market strategies
- Profiles of the major companies of the industry, including Akamai Technologies, Amazon Inc., Comcast Corp., Netflix Inc., The Walt Disney Co. and Verizon Communications Inc.