Contract Manufacturing: Global Markets to 2023
The global market for contract manufacturing should grow from $2.0 trillion in 2018 to $2.7 trillion in 2023 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.6% from 2018 through 2023.
- 26 data tables and 32 additional tables
- An overview of the global contract manufacturing market
- Analyses of global market trends with data from 2017 and 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Discussion of underlying technologies and factors influencing the demand, including current trends, stringent government regulations, technological achievements and other macroeconomic factors
- Identification of the companies that are best positioned to meet this demand because of their proprietary technologies, strategic alliances or other advantages
- A relevant patent analysis
- Competitive landscape covering major manufacturers and suppliers of contract manufacturing equipment. Major companies including Catalent Inc., Foxconn Technology Group, Flextronics International Ltd., Jabil Inc., Patheon N.V., and Zober Industries
Globally, contract manufacturing is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 6.6% during the forecast period. The contract manufacturing market is segmented based on verticals that have a noteworthy contribution to market growth. Some verticals included in the market analysis are consumer electronics, aerospace and defense, energy, food processing and manufacturing, personal care, healthcare and life sciences, packaging, automotive and furniture. The consumer electronics vertical further renders information about electronic equipment used in home appliances, Smartphones, IT components, laptops and computers and accessories. The aerospace and defense sector provides contract manufacturing services for engines, airframes, fabrication, parts of satellites, assembly of components and space electronics. The report includes information about the energy sector for solar energy, wind energy and hydropower. The report provides supply chain analysis of original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), sub-contract manufacturers, raw material suppliers and product design and engineering firms, among others.
The major geographic regions covered in the report are North America (the U.S. and Canada,), Europe (U.K., Italy, France, Germany and Spain), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan and India) and the rest of the world (RoW) (Latin America, the Middle East and Africa). Estimated values are based on manufacturers’ total revenues. Projected and forecasted revenue values are in constant U.S. dollars (USD), unadjusted for inflation. The study covers the global market for contract manufacturing. The selection of countries included in this report was mainly based on the total revenue generated. Major countries included in the report are the U.S., Canada, Germany, the U.K., Spain, Italy, France, China, Japan and India.
The competitive landscape of the global market for contract manufacturing is discussed at length. Major companies involved in contract manufacturing are profiled in the report, with a description of product portfolios and recent developments. All categories are discussed in detail, describing each segment, measuring market size, identifying market drivers, forecasting for 2018-2023 and assessing competitors and competitor market shares.
Anand Bhandari is a market research analyst and graduate in marketing management with more than five years of experience in the market research Industry. Anand has strong knowledge and expertise in the healthcare, ICT and pharmaceutical markets. He conducted extensive research for varied domains and is proficient in market estimation and data validation. He also has experience leading teams and training subordinates in his previous organization.