Global Markets and Technologies for Inorganic Metal Finishing Processes
The total market for equipment/spares for inorganic metal finishing was valued at $56.2 billion in 2011, is projected to reach $60.4 billion in 2013 and $84 billion in 2018, a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.8% from 2013-2018.
- An overview of global and regional markets for various types of inorganic metal finishing technologies and related products, with the reasons given for variations in the growth of the industry in certain regions
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2011, estimates for 2012 and 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018
- Discussion of new developments taking place in the metal finishing industry with respect to continuous improvements in environmental performance
- Evaluations of various applications of inorganic metal finishing coatings and the markets for such applications, with special emphasis on the new products being developed and markets for such products
- Examination of expectations in diverse areas such as performance, ease of application, sustainability, quality, functionality, and environmental properties
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players in the industry
The report has been prepared in a simple format, which can be easily understood with a number of tables and charts/figures. The scope of the report includes a detailed study of global and regional markets for various types of inorganic metal finishing technologies and related products, with the reasons given for variations in the growth of the industry in certain regions.
The analyst is a mechanical engineer with more than forty years experience in designing factory layouts and setting up factories. He has setup factories for production of weighing machines and dynamic balancing machines in India and has experience in designing, production, and servicing of the above equipment. He was Senior Vice President in M/S Schenck Avery Limited, an Indo-German joint venture and has set up paint shops, electroplating shops and heavy fabrication shops for fabricating and finishing of various structures of weighing and dynamic balancing equipment.
- The global market for inorganic metal finishing technologies was worth $42.3 billion in 2007. This is expected to reach $44.4 billion by the end of 2008 and $61.1 billion in 2013, for a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.6%.
- Inorganic metal finishing processes have the largest share of the market and generated $29.0 billion in 2007. This is expected to reach $30.1 billion in 2008 and $39.7 billion in 2013, for a CAGR of 5.7%.
- Surface preparation/pretreatment has the second largest market share, worth $9.3 billion in 2007. This is expected to reach $9.8 billion in 2008 and grow at a CAGR of 7.7% to reach $14.2 billion in 2013.
The global IMFT market is estimated to reach about $21.1 billion in 2005 and is expected to rise at an average annual growth rate (AAGR) of 7.4%, to more than $30 billion in 2010.
The market for electroplating currently is the largest (nearly 46% of the total IMFT market), and will continue to retain this position util 2010, although its growth rate will be the lowest.
Galvanizing, anodizing, electroless plating and electropolishing are expected to feature stronger growth. Currently, these technologies together constitute about 40% of the total market.
IMFT applications for computers and communications, and the electronics and electrical appliances industries, will witness the highest growth.