Global Markets and Technologies for Inorganic Metal Finishing Processes
The global market for inorganic metal finishing technologies is estimated to increase from $93.3 billion in 2022 to reach $119.9 billion by 2027, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.1% from 2022 through 2027.
- 67 data tables and 29 additional tables
- An up-to-date overview and industry analysis of the global markets for inorganic metal finishing processes and technologies
- Analyses of the global market trends, with historic market revenue (sales figures) for 2021, estimates for 2022, forecasts for 2023 and 2025, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2027
- Estimation of the actual market size and revenue forecast for the global inorganic metal finishing market, and corresponding market share analysis based on technology type, type of process, subprocess, end-use industry, and region
- Identification of various new products and the technologies involved in metal finishing, and analysis of various applications of inorganic metal finishing coatings and the markets for such applications in the near to mid-term
- Updated information on key market drivers and opportunities, industry shifts and regulations, and other region and industry specific macroeconomic variables that will influence this market demand in the coming years (2022-2027)
- Identification of the companies best positioned to meet this demand owing to or in conjunction with their proprietary technologies, product launches, and other strategic advantages
- Analysis of the upcoming market opportunities in the metal finishing industry with a holistic review of value chain analysis and Porter’s five forces model analysis and considering both micro- and macro environmental factors prevailing in the market
- A relevant patent analysis with emphasis on emerging technologies and recently granted key patents in the global inorganic metal finishing industry
- Insight into the recent industry structure, competitive aspects of each product segments, increasing investment on research and development (R&D) activities, market growth strategies, and company revenue share analysis
- Descriptive company profiles of the leading global players, including A Brite Co. Inc., Atotech (MKS), OC Oerlikon Management AG, PLATIT AG, Rösler Surface Technology GmbH, Praxair S.T. Technology Inc. (Linde), Pioneer Metal Finishing
This report analyzes the market by type of coatings, end-use industry, regional markets, and other aspects of inorganic metal finishing. Furthermore, we also provide new opportunities and challenges for emerging and developed countries in the global market.
Metal finishing includes many operations, including surface preparation, surface pretreatment and coating. The coating process may be organic, inorganic or hybrid. This report emphasizes inorganic metal coating technologies, relevant strategies and products, and their respective global and regional markets.
The report is prepared in a simple, easy-to-understand format; tables and figures are included to illustrate historical, current and future market scenarios. The report also covers leading companies with information on product types, business footprint, revenue, employee strength, etc. We have also included a list of other companies in the global and regional markets with their product-related information. The report also covers recent patents in the inorganic metal finishing market, which represents a significant investment area for investors.
The report discusses the impact of COVID-19 and the Russia-Ukraine war on the global and regional markets. Furthermore, the information also includes the impact of market dynamics for the short term and long term based on their relevancy and impact.
For market values, 2021 is considered the historic/base year, 2022 is an estimated year, and the market values are forecast through 2027. All market values are expressed in terms of millions of U.S. dollars.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- End-users are the growth engine for the inorganic metal finishing market.
- Metal finishing equipment can increase the productivity of a plant.
- Growth in the additive manufacturing or 3D printing industry.
BCC Research Team possesses expertise and experience in life and physical science domains. They specialize in offering valuable business insights, including industry analysis, competitor intelligence, strategic and financial analysis, and opportunity assessment. The team has in-depth knowledge of various sectors, including healthcare, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, IT, automation, advanced materials, and energy. They are proficient in qualitative and quantitative market intelligence providing clients with actionable insights. With a vast understanding of the competitive landscape, the team can support clients in making data-driven decisions to help them achieve a competitive edge in their respective markets.
|Base year considered||2021|
|Forecast period considered||2022 to 2027|
|Base year market size||$90.8 billlion|
|Market size forecast||$119.9 billion|
|Growth rate||CAGR of 5.1% during the forecast period of 2022-2027|
|Units considered||$ Millions|
|Segments covered||By Type, Subprocess, End-Use Industry, and Region|
|Regions covered||North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW)|
|Key Market Drivers||
The global market for equipment, consumables and spares for inorganic metal finishing processes was valued at $64.5 billion in 2014 and is expected to reach $68.9 billion in 2015. This total market is further expected to increase at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.4% from $73.6 billion in 2016 to $105 billion in 2021.
- An overview of global and regional markets for various types of inorganic metal finishing technologies and related products, including reasons given for variations in the growth of the industry in certain regions.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2014, estimates for 2015 and 2016, and projections of CAGRs through 2021.
- Discussion of new developments taking place in the metal finishing industry with respect to continuous improvements in environmental performance.
- Evaluations of various applications of inorganic metal finishing coatings and the markets for such applications, with special emphasis on the new products being developed and markets for such products.
- Examination of expectations in diverse areas such as performance, ease of application, sustainability, quality, functionality, and environmental properties.
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players in the industry.
The total market for equipment/spares for inorganic metal finishing was valued at $56.2 billion in 2011, is projected to reach $60.4 billion in 2013 and $84 billion in 2018, a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.8% from 2013-2018.
- An overview of global and regional markets for various types of inorganic metal finishing technologies and related products, with the reasons given for variations in the growth of the industry in certain regions
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2011, estimates for 2012 and 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018
- Discussion of new developments taking place in the metal finishing industry with respect to continuous improvements in environmental performance
- Evaluations of various applications of inorganic metal finishing coatings and the markets for such applications, with special emphasis on the new products being developed and markets for such products
- Examination of expectations in diverse areas such as performance, ease of application, sustainability, quality, functionality, and environmental properties
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players in the industry
- The global market for inorganic metal finishing technologies was worth $42.3 billion in 2007. This is expected to reach $44.4 billion by the end of 2008 and $61.1 billion in 2013, for a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.6%.
- Inorganic metal finishing processes have the largest share of the market and generated $29.0 billion in 2007. This is expected to reach $30.1 billion in 2008 and $39.7 billion in 2013, for a CAGR of 5.7%.
- Surface preparation/pretreatment has the second largest market share, worth $9.3 billion in 2007. This is expected to reach $9.8 billion in 2008 and grow at a CAGR of 7.7% to reach $14.2 billion in 2013.
The global IMFT market is estimated to reach about $21.1 billion in 2005 and is expected to rise at an average annual growth rate (AAGR) of 7.4%, to more than $30 billion in 2010.
The market for electroplating currently is the largest (nearly 46% of the total IMFT market), and will continue to retain this position util 2010, although its growth rate will be the lowest.
Galvanizing, anodizing, electroless plating and electropolishing are expected to feature stronger growth. Currently, these technologies together constitute about 40% of the total market.
IMFT applications for computers and communications, and the electronics and electrical appliances industries, will witness the highest growth.