Membrane Bioreactors: Global Markets
The global market for membrane bioreactors should grow from $2.5 billion in 2021 to $4.1 billion by 2026 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.5% for the period of 2021-2026.
- 85 data tables and 45 additional tables
- An up-to-date review of the global market for membrane bioreactors (MBRs) within the industry
- Analyses of the global market trends, with data from 2020 and 2021, estimates for 2022, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2026
- Evaluation and forecast the market size for membrane bioreactors, forecasted growth trends, and corresponding market share analysis by microbial process type, configuration, membrane type, application, and geographic region
- Highlights of the upcoming market potential for membrane bioreactors and areas of focus to forecast this market into various segments and sub-segments
- Country specific data and market value analysis for China, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, United States, Canada, Mexico, Germany, Spain, and the U.K.
- In-depth information (facts and figures) concerning the major factors influencing the progress of the market (benefits, and industry-specific challenges) with respect to specific growth trends, upcoming technologies, prospects, and contributions to the overall market
- Understanding of the membrane component of MBRs, the biological component, system configurations, typical MBR performance, cost analyses, system applications, and the filtration industry structure
- Review of patent grants for innovations relate to membrane bioreactor industry across each major category
- Assessment of the competitive developments such as joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, new product development, expansions, and research and development activities in the global market for membrane bioreactor
- Company profiles of the leading global players, including Alfa Laval, SUEZ Water Technologies & Solutions, Evoqua Water Technologies, Asahi Kasei, Pentair and Mann+Hummel
This report covers the technological, economic, and business considerations of the membrane bioreactors market, with analyses and forecasts provided for global markets. Included in the report are descriptions of the market forces relevant to membrane bioreactors and their areas of application.
Global markets are presented by type of membrane bioreactor, and growth forecasts through 2026 are provided. Estimates on sales values are based on the prices in the supply chain at which the membrane bioreactors were procured by manufacturers.
Market-driving forces and industry structure are examined. International aspects are analyzed for all world regions and types of membrane bioreactors. Brief profiles of major global manufacturers are presented.
The presently developing COVID-19 pandemic has halted the progress of economies across the world for some time. But the world's economies are gradually reviving and have started ramping back up. In addition to taking measures to lock down their respective countries to contain the spread of the coronavirus, especially in affected cities, various governments across the world are also taking the measures necessary to contain the economic slowdown.
This report considers the impact of COVID-19. In 2020, the growth rate of every industry across the world was impacted by the pandemic, and the membrane bioreactors market was also indirectly affected. The market is, however, expected to bounce back in 2022, due to the relief packages or disaster aid packages provided by various governments to boost their economies.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
BCC Research Team possesses expertise and experience in life and physical science domains. They specialize in offering valuable business insights, including industry analysis, competitor intelligence, strategic and financial analysis, and opportunity assessment. The team has in-depth knowledge of various sectors, including healthcare, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, IT, automation, advanced materials, and energy. They are proficient in qualitative and quantitative market intelligence providing clients with actionable insights. With a vast understanding of the competitive landscape, the team can support clients in making data-driven decisions to help them achieve a competitive edge in their respective markets.
|Base year considered||2020|
|Forecast period considered||2021-2026|
|Base year market size||$2.3 billion|
|Market size forecast||$4.1 billion|
|Growth rate||CAGR of 10.5% from 2021 to 2026|
|Units considered||$ Millions|
|Segments covered||Type of Microbial Process, Configuration, Membrane Type, Application|
|Regions covered||North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Rest of the World (RoW)|
|Countries covered||U.S., Canada, Mexico, Germany, U.K., Spain, Rest of Europe, Japan, China, Singapore, South Korea, Rest of Asia-Pacific.|
The global market for membrane bioreactors (MBRs) should grow from $1.9 billion in 2018 to reach $3.8 billion by 2023 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 14.7% for the period of 2018-2023.
- 16 data tables and 29 additional tables
- An overview of the global membrane bioreactors markets used for wastewater treatment
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2017 and 2018, and projections of CAGRs through 2023
- Assessment of the challenges for major water users specifically in the municipal, industrial, and environmental sectors
- Description of the membrane component of MBRs, the biological component, system configurations, and typical MBR performance
- A look into the system applications, market share, and industry structure
- Detailed profiles of major players active in the market, including Alfa Laval, Asahi Kasei, Evoqua Water Technologies, Hitachi Ltd. and Toray Industries
The global market for membrane bioreactor systems (MBRs) totaled $425.7 million in 2014 and is projected to approach $777.7 million by 2019, registering a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.8% through 2019.
- An overview of the global membrane bioreactors markets used for wastewater treatment.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2013 and 2014, and projections of CAGRs through 2019.
- Identification of the challenges for major water users specifically in the municipal, industrial, and environmental sectors.
- Analysis of the membrane component of MBRs, the biological component, system configurations, and typical MBR performance.
- Evaluations of system applications, market share, and industry structure.
- Profiles of major players active in the market.
Valued at an estimated $337 million in 2010, the global MBR market is rising at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13.2% and is expected to reach $627 million by 2015. The MBR market is growing faster than both the larger market for wastewater treatment equipment and the market for other membrane systems treating wastewater.
- The global market for membrane bioreactor technology is expected to increase from $216.6 million in 2005 to an estimated $296 million by the end of 2008. It should reach $488 million in 2013, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.5%
- Most MBRs use aerobic microbial processes, which are expected to be worth $291 million in 2008 and $483 million in 2013, a CAGR of 10.7%
- Municipal and domestic wastewater treatment generated $96.6 million in 2005. This should increase to $142 million in 2008 and $249 million in 2013, for a CAGR of 11.9%.
Valued at an estimated $216.6 million in 2005, the global MBR market is rising at an average annual growth rate (AAGR) of 10.9% and is expected to approach $363 million in 2010.
This segment is growing faster than the larger market for advanced wastewater treatment equipment and more rapidly than the markets for other types of membrane systems.
Anticipated stricter environmental regulations in the U.S. and overseas are driving sales of MBRs to industry and municipalities, and prompting maritime users to consider MBR technology.
During the forecast period, sewage treatment will continue to be the primary use for MBR systems.