Medication Adherence: Systems, Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for medication adherence reached $1.7 billion in 2016 and should reach nearly $4.0 billion by 2021 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 18.0% from 2016 through 2021.
- 16 data tables and 24 additional tables
- An overview of the global medication adherence market
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2015 and 2016, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2021
- Evaluations of clinical needs, competitive landscape, unmet needs, regulatory structure, and future outlook
- Examinations of the product types and the disease applications for medication adherence, along with chronic disorders
- Evaluations of the market's dynamics, specifically growth drivers and restraints
- Profiles of major players in the industry
Medication adherence include hardware-based systems (e.g., smart pill bottle, smart cap, automated pill dispenser, electronic trays, smart medical watches, smart medical alarms, wearable sensors, and other packaging systems) and software based internet applications (e.g., cloud-based databases, health programs, patient web portals, mobile medication management applications, etc.) to improve medication adherence associated with various chronic diseases. This report is an analytical business tool whose primary purpose is to provide a thorough evaluation of the global market for medication adherence. The format of this study includes the following:
- Detailed description of medication adherence systems and technologies including software applications (apps).
- Demographics and cost burden of targeted chronic diseases.
- Market characterization, unmet need, market size, and segmentation.
- Market drivers and restraints.
- Detailed market projections through 2021.
- Competition and market shares.
- Key marketed and pipeline (R&D) products along with information about their regulatory status
- Strategic landscape (Merger and acquisitions).
- Regulatory structure.
- Pricing and reimbursement.
- Observations and conclusions on the future of medication adherence systems and technologies.
- Profiles of market participants and associations.
Dr. Ritu Thakur is an independent consultant based in New Delhi, India with 10+ years of experience in consulting, business/market research, business & report writing, analytics, content development & management and translation. She has prior work experience with Panasonic (Healthcare Division), GlobalData (U.K.-based market research firm) and several other development stage/early stage companies including Biovo, Diabesity, Medibrane, ScaleThings, EndoGI, Ramot Biomedical Eng and NeverWet. In her previous assignments, she has delivered hundreds of small to large scale custom projects on pharmaceutical, medical and biotechnology subjects. She has developed reports for BCC Research for more than four years and has worked as an author for healthcare and other related industries such as pharmaceuticals, biotechnology and medical devices.
- Bariatric Surgery: Global Markets for Services and Devices (HLC153B).
- Wearable Medical Devices: Technologies and Global Markets (HLC192A).
- Global Markets for Emerging Medical Device Technologies (HLC191A).
- Needle-Free Devices: Technologies and Global Markets (HLC178A).
- Medication Automation: Systems, Technologies and Global Markets (PHM182A).
- Smart Pills: Applications and Global Markets (PHM181A).