Medication Adherence: Systems, Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for medication adherence systems and technologies should grow from $3.5 billion in 2020 to $6.0 billion by 2025 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.4% for the period of 2020-2025.
- 20 data tables and 16 additional tables
- An overview of the global markets and technologies for medication adherence
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2019, 2020, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2025
- Description of disease and economic burden, and cost and morbidity in chronic diseases such as cardiovascular diseases (CVD), musculoskeletal disorders, gastrointestinal/digestive diseases, and cancer
- Details about adherence measurement, medication adherence and non-economic factors and methods to improve medication adherence
- Market share analysis of the medication adherence markets based on product/services, disease and region
- Identification of market drivers, restraints and other forces impacting the global market and evaluation of current market size, and market forecast of the medication adherence systems markets
- Discussion on advantages of software and mobile applications, and effectiveness of smartphone adherence apps on the general population
- Information on key marketed and pipeline products, challenges to improving medication adherence with technology and future developments of the industry
- Insights into regulation and reimbursement scenarios including, U.S. FDA technical considerations, FDA policy for low-risk and general wellness devices and regulatory systems for medication adherence systems and applications
- A look at the key industry acquisitions, strategic alliances and market share analysis of the leading suppliers of the industry
- Comprehensive profiles of major players in the industry, including ActualMeds Corp., etectRx, Health Net Inc., MedaCheck, Omnicell Inc., and Philips Healthcare
Medication adherence systems include hardware-based systems (e.g., smart pill bottles, smart caps, automated pill dispensers, electronic trays, smart medical watches, smart medical alarms, wearable sensors and other packaging systems) and software-based internet applications (e.g., cloud-based databases, health programs, patient web portals, mobile medication management applications, etc.) designed to improve medication adherence associated with various chronic diseases. This report is an analytical business tool whose primary purpose is to provide a thorough evaluation of the global market for medication adherence. The study covers the following:
- Detailed description of medication adherence systems and technologies including software applications (apps).
- Demographics and cost burden of targeted chronic diseases.
- Market characterization, unmet need, market size and segmentation.
- Market drivers and restraints.
- Detailed market projections through 2025.
- Competition and market shares.
- Key marketed products along with information about their regulatory status.
- Strategic landscape (merger and acquisitions).
- Regulatory structure.
- Pricing and reimbursement.
- Observations and conclusions on the future of medication adherence systems and technologies.
- Profiles of market participants and associations.
BCC Publishing Staff comprises expert analysts who are skilled in conducting primary research, secondary research and data analysis and have decades of combined experience covering a wide range of industries, including healthcare, advanced materials and emerging technologies. Collectively, the team represents a diverse set of educational achievements with individual graduate work completed in fields such as microbiology, electrical engineering, business administration and surgery, among others.
The global market for medication adherence reached $1.7 billion in 2016 and should reach nearly $4.0 billion by 2021 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 18.0% from 2016 through 2021.
- 16 data tables and 24 additional tables
- An overview of the global medication adherence market
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2015 and 2016, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2021
- Evaluations of clinical needs, competitive landscape, unmet needs, regulatory structure, and future outlook
- Examinations of the product types and the disease applications for medication adherence, along with chronic disorders
- Evaluations of the market's dynamics, specifically growth drivers and restraints
- Profiles of major players in the industry