Global Markets for Non-Polyolefin Commodity Resins -- Focus on China
- An overview of the global market for non-polyolefin commodity resins in value terms for each material and/or volume terms, with a focus on China.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2010 and 2011, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2016.
- Discussion of the major types of non-polyolefin commodity resins and their future demand.
- Examination of the main technologies of non-polyolefin commodity resins manufacturing.
- Evaluations of the competitive aspects of each product segment, along with several successful suppliers’ strategies in the market.
- Identification of the impact of governmental regulations and international agreements.
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players in the industry.
This chapter provides a general introduction for this report, describing the study goals and objectives, reasons for doing the study, intended audience, scope, methodology, information sources and analyst credentials of this report.
STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
The goal of this study is to help readers form a comprehensive understanding of the recent advances and trends in manufacturing, applications, technologies and global and regional markets for non-polyolefin commodity plastic resins. For this goal, this report will provide in-depth analysis for the global and regional non-polyolefin commodity resin markets.
Four objectives in this report will be met. Major types of non-polyolefin commodity resins and the future demand thereof will be described. Main technologies of non-polyolefin commodity resins manufacturing will be discussed. Commercial applications in which non-polyolefin commodity resins are used will be discussed. Present consumption and future demand for non-polyolefin commodity resins will be evaluated for global markets by six world regions: China, Asia, North America, Europe, South America, and the rest of the world (ROW). In this report, China refers to Mainland China and does not include Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau; Asia does not include China and Emerging Markets are mainly Africa and Oceania (Australia, New Zealand, and the Independent State of Papua New Guinea).
Trends in technology will be analyzed. The impact of governmental regulations and international agreements will be ascertained. Patents involving polyolefins will be discussed. The structural dynamics of the non-polyolefin commodity resin industry will be outlined, along with profiles of key manufacturers in the United States, China, Japan, Korea, India, Brazil, France, Germany, Taiwan and other countries or regions.
This report will review global markets for non-polyolefin commodity resins and will forecast trends and sales in these markets through 2016. Important manufacturers, technologies and factors influencing demand will be discussed.
The non-polyolefin commodity resin market is closely related to the production and supplies of the raw materials such as ethylene, phenol and methyl methacrylate (MMA); therefore, raw material production and supplies will be briefly described.
BCC’s goal in conducting this study was to determine the current status of the non-polyolefin commodity resin industry and to assess its growth potential over the five-year period from 2011 to 2016. A primary objective is to present a comprehensive analysis of the current non-polyolefin commodity resin market and project its future direction.
REASONS FOR DOING THE STUDY
There are three main reasons for doing this study:
- Resins manufacturers need to understand the trends of the market and technologies in order to plan their investment, production and R&D for the next five years or a longer period.
- Raw materials suppliers and manufacturers need to understand the non-polyolefin commodity resin market for planning their production and R&D for the next five years.
- Plastic manufacturers need to understand the trends of technologies and markets of non-polyolefin commodity resins.
SCOPE OF REPORT
The report forecasts the size of the market in current U.S. dollars for non-polyolefin commodity resins in value terms for each material and/or in volume terms from 2011 through 2016.
In this report, non-polyolefin commodity resins include PVC (polyvinyl chloride), PS (polystyrene), ABS (acrylonitrile butadiene styrene), PMMA (poly-methyl methacrylate), EVA (ethylene vinyl acetate copolymer), PF (phenol-formaldehyde), and UF (urea-formaldehyde). The sector of ABS could cover the technologies and production of SAN (styrene acrylonitrile), also known as AS (acrylonitrile styrene). Forecasts are classified on the basis of product type, technology type, application and geographical region.
The report also describes the raw materials supplies and important players in the non-polyolefin commodity resin industry.
The intended audience of this report includes non-polyolefin commodity resins (PVC, PS, ABS, PMMA, PF, UF, and EVA) manufacturers and suppliers. Oil companies, chemical producers, plastic manufacturers and resin consumers in various industries may also have an interest in this report.
Estimates of current market demand are made for 2010 and are projected over the next five years. Projections are made in terms of constant U.S. dollars (2010). Growth is presented in terms of a compound annual growth rate (CAGR). Prices are measured at the manufacturer level.
Information sources for this report include experts, executives, professors and officials in non-polyolefin commodity resin companies, plastic companies, petrochemical companies, oil companies, industrial associations, universities, trade organizations and governmental departments. They include Sinopec, SABIC (Saudi Basic Industry Corporation), The Dow Chemical Co., Chi Mei, INEOS, BASF, Chevron Phillips Chemicals, China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC), ExxonMobil, Hanwha Chemical Corporation, Reliance Industries, Tsinghua University, the Ministry of Commerce of China, China Plastics Processing Industry Association (CPPIA) and the National Bureau of Statistics of China (NBS China).
Information sources for the study also include online research, patent literature, technical journals, trade magazines, governmental data and conference papers from China, Japan, Korea and the U.S.
BCC ONLINE SERVICES
BCC offers an online information retrieval service. BCC’s home page, located at www.bccresearch.com, enables readers to:
- Examine BCC’s complete catalog of Market Research Reports and place direct orders.
- Subscribe to any of BCC’s many industry newsletters.
- Read announcements of recently published reports and newly launched newsletters.
- Register for BCC’s well-known conferences.
- Request additional information on any BCC product.
- Take advantage of special offers.
The information developed in this report is intended to be as reliable as possible at the time of publication and of a professional nature. This information does not constitute managerial, legal, or accounting advice; nor should it serve as a corporate policy guide, laboratory manual, or an endorsement of any product, as much of the information is speculative in nature. The author assumes no responsibility for any loss or damage that might result from reliance on the reported information or its use.
Jason Chen has been an analyst and consultant for the polymer, composite, fiber, textile and energy industries for 15 years. He works as a researcher, writer and/or editor for the American Composites Manufacturers Association (ACMA), China Textile Academy (CTA), China Chemical Fiber Association (CCFA), International Fiber Journal, Filtration News, Platts Emission Daily, Vision Systems Design, Pesticide and Toxic Chemical News and MobileTex. Currently he is the chief scientist of a company endeavoring to reduce China's air and water pollution. He has a degree in Civil Engineering, Chemicals and Advanced Materials from Shantou University.
- Relaxor Ferroelectrics: Emerging Opportunities (CHM150A)
- Transparent Ceramics: Emerging Opportunities (CHM149A)
- Graphite, Silicon, Metal, and Other Anode Materials for Motive Lithium-Ion Batteries: Global Market and Emerging Opportunities (FCB050A)
- Thorium Fuel Cycle: Emerging Opportunities (EGY174A)
- Generation IV Reactors and Advanced Materials: Emerging Opportunities (EGY175A)