Global Markets for Polyolefin Resins -- Focus on The Middle East and Africa
- An overview of the global market for polyolefin resins in value terms for each material and/or volume terms, with a focus on the Middle East and Africa
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2010 and 2011, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2016
- Discussion of the major types of polyolefin resins and their future demand
- Examination of the main technologies of polyolefin resins manufacturing
- Evaluations of the competitive aspects of each product segment, along with several successful suppliers’ strategies in the market
- Identification of the impact of governmental regulations and international agreements
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players in the industry.
This chapter provides an introduction to this report, describing the study goals and objectives, reasons for doing the study, intended audience, scope, methodology, information sources, and analyst credentials for along with an introduction to BCC online services and disclaimer.
STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
The goal of this study is to help the readers form a comprehensive understanding of the recent advances and trends in polyolefins manufacturing, applications, technologies, and global and regional markets. For this goal, this report will provide in-depth analysis for the polyolefin resins market, including polyethylene (PE) and polypropylene (PP) markets. PE includes low density polyethylene (LDPE), linear low density polyethylene (LLDPE) and high density polyethylene (HDPE).
Four objectives in this report will be met. Major types of polyolefins and their future demand will be described. Main technologies of polyolefin manufacturing will be discussed. Commercial applications in which polyolefin resins are used will be discussed. Present consumption and future demand for polyolefins will be evaluated for global markets by seven world regions: North America, South America, Europe, China, Asia, Middle East and Africa, and the rest of the world (ROW).
Trends in technology will be analyzed. The impact of governmental regulations and international agreements will be ascertained. Patents of polyolefins will be discussed. The structural dynamics of the polyolefin industry will be outlined, along with profiles of key manufacturers in the United States, China, Japan, Korea, India, Brazil, France, Germany, Austria, Taiwan, and other countries or regions.
This report will review global markets for polyolefins and will forecast trends and sales in these markets through 2016. Important manufacturers, technologies and factors influencing demand will be discussed.
The polyolefin market is closely relevant to the production and supplies of the olefin industry; therefore, olefin production will be described. Catalysts are important materials for polyolefin production and will be discussed.
BCC's goal in conducting this study was to determine the current status of the polyolefin industry and to assess its growth potential over a five-year period from 2011 to 2016. A primary objective was to present a comprehensive analysis of the current polyolefin market and project its future direction.
REASONS FOR DOING THE STUDY
There are two reasons for doing this study:
- Polyolefin manufacturers need to understand the market trend and new technologies of the industry, planning their investment, production, and research and development (R&D) for the next five years or a longer period.
- Raw materials suppliers and catalyst manufacturers need to understand the polyolefin market consumption and trends for planning their production and R&D for the next five years.
SCOPE OF REPORT
The report forecasts the size of the market in current U.S. dollars for polyolefin resins materials in value terms for each material and/or volume terms from 2011 through 2016.
The report forecasts the market size or output of polyolefins such as PP and PEs. PEs includes HDPE, LDPE and LLDPE. The forecasts are classified on the basis of product type, technology type, application, catalyst types and geographical region.
The report also describes the raw materials supplies and important players in the polyolefin industry.
The intended audience of this report includes polyolefins (PE and PP) manufacturers and suppliers. Olefins (ethylene and propylene) producers, polyolefin catalysts producers, oil companies and petrochemicals (e.g., naphtha, hexane, propane and butane) suppliers may be interested in this report too.
Estimates of current market demand are made for 2010 and are projected over the next five years. Projections are made in terms of constant U.S. dollars (2010). Growth is presented in terms of a compound average annual growth rate (CAGR). Prices are measured at the manufacturer level. Resin price levels of late 2010 to mid-2011 are used to determine the market value, unless specified otherwise. But factors that influence the price levels will be discussed.
Information sources for this report include experts, executives, professors and officials in polyolefin companies, olefin companies, petrochemical companies, industrial associations, universities and governmental departments. They include Sinopec, Sabic (Saudi Basic Industry Corporation), Dow, Chevron, Phillips Chemicals, China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC), ExxonMobil, Hanwha Chemical Corporation, Reliance Industries, Sabic, Tsinghua University, the Ministry of Commerce of China, and the National Bureau of Statistics of China.
Information sources for the study also include online research, patent literature, technical journals, trade magazines, governmental data and conference papers from China, Japan, Korea and the United States.
BCC ONLINE SERVICES
BCC offers an online information retrieval service. BCC’s home page, located at www.bccresearch.com, enables readers to:
- Examine BCC’s complete catalog of Market Research Reports and place direct orders
- Subscribe to any of BCC’s many industry newsletters
- Read announcements of recently published reports and newly launched newsletters
- Register for BCC’s well-known conferences
- Request additional information on any BCC product
- Take advantage of special offers.
The information developed in this report is intended to be as reliable as possible at the time of publication and of a professional nature. This information does not constitute managerial, legal, or accounting advice; nor should it serve as a corporate policy guide, laboratory manual, or an endorsement of any product, as much of the information is speculative in nature. The author assumes no responsibility for any loss or damage that might result from reliance on the reported information or its use.
Jason Chen has been an analyst and consultant for the polymer, composite, fiber, textile and energy industries for 15 years. He works as a researcher, writer and/or editor for the American Composites Manufacturers Association (ACMA), China Textile Academy (CTA), China Chemical Fiber Association (CCFA), International Fiber Journal, Filtration News, Platts Emission Daily, Vision Systems Design, Pesticide and Toxic Chemical News and MobileTex. Currently he is the chief scientist of a company endeavoring to reduce China's air and water pollution. He has a degree in Civil Engineering, Chemicals and Advanced Materials from Shantou University.
- Stabilizing Quantum Bits for Computing (IFT192A)
- Relaxor Ferroelectrics: Emerging Opportunities (CHM150A)
- Transparent Ceramics: Emerging Opportunities (CHM149A)
- Graphite, Silicon, Metal, and Other Anode Materials for Motive Lithium-Ion Batteries: Global Market and Emerging Opportunities (FCB050A)
- Thorium Fuel Cycle: Emerging Opportunities (EGY174A)