Organic Light Emitting Diodes (OLEDs): Technologies and Global Markets
Global shipments of OLEDs totaled $3.2 billion in 2011 and $4.9 billion in 2012. Total OLED shipment value is expected to reach $20.3 billion in 2017 after increasing at a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 32.6%.
The study analyzes the global market for OLED electronic displays and lighting devices through 2017, as well as the geographical breakdown of OLED production and consumption. The market for other emerging OLED applications, such as sensors, is also covered in less detail.
The study also includes the following major elements:
- Industry structure.
- Technology trends and patent analysis.
- Global economic environment.
- Government, industry and academic support.
Andrew McWilliams spent more than 25 years as a consultant with Ernst & Young, McKinsey & Company and A.T. Kearny focused on manufacturing before segueing into research analysis. He has been covering myriad technology categories for BCC Research for more than 15 years. McWilliams has a BA from Princeton University and an MA from Harvard University. He has worked in more than 40 countries and he resides in the greater Boston area.
- Global Hydrogen Economy: Merchant Hydrogen and Hydrogen Purification Technologies (EGY055E)
- Composite Fabrication Technologies: Global Markets to 2023 (MFG054A)
- Global Markets and Technologies for Food Safety Testing (FOD011K)
- Advanced Ceramics and Nanoceramic Powders (NAN015J)
- The Global Market for Membrane Microfiltration (MST028G)
Total organic light-emitting diode market shipments reached $3 billion approximately in 2010 and will increase to more than $3 billion by 2011. And this market is estimated to reach to $5.2 billion at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.6%.
- The global market for organic light-emitting diodes was worth $4.5 billion in 2008, decreased to $3.9 billion in 2009, and is expected to increase to nearly $8.1 billion in 2014. The compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the 5-year period would be 15.3%.
- OLED displays dominate the market, generating $3.5 billion in sales in 2008 but decreasing to $2.9 billion in 2009. Sales are expected to increase in the next 5 years to reach nearly $5.9 billion in 2014, for a CAGR of 14.9%.
- The OLED lights market amounted to more than $1 billion in 2008, and is projected to decrease slightly in 2009, but rebound to $2.2 billion in 2014, for a 5-year CAGR of 16.5%.