Semiconductor Devices for High Temperature Applications: Market Opportunities
The global market for semiconductor devices for high-temperature applications should grow from $3.9 billion in 2018 to $9.4 billion by 2023 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 19.2% for the period of 2018-2023.
- 69 data tables and 57 additional tables
- An overview of the global markets and applications of high temperature semiconductor devices
- Analyses of market trends, with data from 2017, 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Explanation of drivers, restraints, key developments and future outlook of the high temperature semiconductor devices industry
- Description of Gallium Nitride (GaN), Silicon Carbide (SiC), and Gallium Arsenide (GaAs); their products and application
- Detailed profiles of the major players in the market, including Cree Inc., Infineon Technologies Ag, Allegro Microsystems Llc, Smart Modular Technologies (WWH) Inc., Genesic Semiconductor Inc., The Dow Chemical Co., and United Silicon Carbide Inc.
The market for semiconductor devices used in high-temperature applications is segmented into categories by:
- Type: GaN, SiC, GaAs, and diamond semiconductor substrate.
- GaN product: power semiconductors and GaN radio frequency (RF) devices.
- GaN wafer size: 2-inch, 4-inch, 6-inch, and 8-inch wafer sizes.
- GaN application: information and communication technology, automotive, consumer electronics, defense and aerospace, and others.
- SiC products: black silicon carbide, green silicon carbide and others.
- SiC application: electronics and semiconductors, steel and energy, automotive, aerospace and aviation, military and defense, medical and healthcare, and others.
- GaAs wafer production method: vertical gradient freeze (VGF), liquid-encapsulated Czochralski (LEC), molecular beam epitaxy (MBE), metal-organic vapor phase epitaxy (MOVPE), and others.
- GaAs application: mobile devices, photovoltaic devices, wireless communication, optoelectronic devices, aerospace and defense, and others.
- Diamond semiconductor substrate type: natural and synthetic.
- Diamond semiconductor substrate application: healthcare, consumer electronics, construction and mining, and others.
- Region: North America is segmented into the U.S., Canada and Mexico; Europe is segmented into the U.K., Germany, Italy, Russia, and the other Commonwealth Independent States; Asia-Pacific is segmented into China, Japan, India, and the rest of Asia-Pacific; Latin America covers Brazil and the rest of Latin America; and the Rest of the World (RoW) covers the Middle East and Africa.
In addition to industry and competitive analyses of the semiconductor devices for high-temperature applications market, this report also provides an exhaustive patent analysis and company profiles for key players active in the global market.
Sinha G. Gaurav focuses on electronics and semiconductors markets, robotics and nanotechnology. His publications range from factory automation and big data to industrial controls and helmet-mounted displays. He holds a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from Rajasthan University and an MBA degree in finance from ICFAI Business School.