Semiconductor Devices for High Temperature Applications: Market Opportunities
The global market for semiconductor devices for high-temperature applications should grow from $3.9 billion in 2018 to $9.4 billion by 2023 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 19.2% for the period of 2018-2023.
- 69 data tables and 57 additional tables
- An overview of the global markets and applications of high temperature semiconductor devices
- Analyses of market trends, with data from 2017, 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Explanation of drivers, restraints, key developments and future outlook of the high temperature semiconductor devices industry
- Description of Gallium Nitride (GaN), Silicon Carbide (SiC), and Gallium Arsenide (GaAs); their products and application
- Detailed profiles of the major players in the market, including Cree Inc., Infineon Technologies Ag, Allegro Microsystems Llc, Smart Modular Technologies (WWH) Inc., Genesic Semiconductor Inc., The Dow Chemical Co., and United Silicon Carbide Inc.
The market for semiconductor devices used in high-temperature applications is segmented into categories by:
- Type: GaN, SiC, GaAs, and diamond semiconductor substrate.
- GaN product: power semiconductors and GaN radio frequency (RF) devices.
- GaN wafer size: 2-inch, 4-inch, 6-inch, and 8-inch wafer sizes.
- GaN application: information and communication technology, automotive, consumer electronics, defense and aerospace, and others.
- SiC products: black silicon carbide, green silicon carbide and others.
- SiC application: electronics and semiconductors, steel and energy, automotive, aerospace and aviation, military and defense, medical and healthcare, and others.
- GaAs wafer production method: vertical gradient freeze (VGF), liquid-encapsulated Czochralski (LEC), molecular beam epitaxy (MBE), metal-organic vapor phase epitaxy (MOVPE), and others.
- GaAs application: mobile devices, photovoltaic devices, wireless communication, optoelectronic devices, aerospace and defense, and others.
- Diamond semiconductor substrate type: natural and synthetic.
- Diamond semiconductor substrate application: healthcare, consumer electronics, construction and mining, and others.
- Region: North America is segmented into the U.S., Canada and Mexico; Europe is segmented into the U.K., Germany, Italy, Russia, and the other Commonwealth Independent States; Asia-Pacific is segmented into China, Japan, India, and the rest of Asia-Pacific; Latin America covers Brazil and the rest of Latin America; and the Rest of the World (RoW) covers the Middle East and Africa.
In addition to industry and competitive analyses of the semiconductor devices for high-temperature applications market, this report also provides an exhaustive patent analysis and company profiles for key players active in the global market.
Research Analyst Sinha G. Gaurav holds an MBA in finance from ICFAI Business School, Hyderabad (India), and a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from Rajasthan University (India). His primary focus is in the electronics and semiconductor markets. He has nine years of experience in the field of market research in electronics, finance and database designing. His areas of interest include semiconductors, automation, industrial controls, robotics and nanotechnology. His publications focus on subjects such as quantum dots, photonic sensors and detectors, LIDAR, ultrafast lasers, home automation, helmet-mounted displays (HMDs), factory automation and radio frequency (RF) components, among others.