Synthetic Biology in Agriculture and Food Market - A Global Market and Regional Analysis: Focus on Product, Technology, Application, Industry, Country, Patent, Government Programs and Funding - Analysis and Forecast, 2020-2025
Global Synthetic Biology in Agriculture and Food Market to Reach $14.12 Billion by 2025.
Market Report Coverage - Synthetic Biology in Agriculture and Food
- Industry – Food Industry and Agriculture Industry
- Agriculture Industry Applications- Crop Yield Management, Crop Protection, Soil Health Management, and Others.
- Food Industry Applications- Food Process Optimization, Food Nutrition, Food Safety, and Others.
- Technology- Gene Synthesis, Next Generation DNA Sequencing, Genome Engineering, Bioinformatics Technologies, and others.
- Product- Synthetic Microbes, Software Tools, Bio-Based Specialty Food and Others
- Region – North America, South America, Europe, U.K., China, Asia-Pacific Japan, and Middle East and Africa
- North America – U.S., Canada, and Mexico
- South America – Brazil, Argentina, Chile, and Rest-of-South America
- Europe – Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, and Rest-of-Europe
- Asia-Pacific and Japan – Japan, India, Australia, and Rest-of-Asia-Pacific and Japan
- Middle East and Africa –Israel, South Africa, and Rest-of-Middle East and Africa
- Increasing Need for Global Food Security
- Increasing Consumer Awareness About High-Quality Nutritional Food
- Rising Capital Investments for Synthetic Biology Research
- Ethical Concerns and Stringent Regulations
- High Implementation Time and Setup Cost
- Rapid Technology Advancements and Inclination Towards Bio-Based Products
- Increasing Government Initiatives for Boosting the Global Synthetic Biology Ecosystem
- Rise in Research Activities in the Developing Countries of Asia-Pacific Region
Key Synthetic Biology in Agriculture and Food Companies Profiled
BASF SE, Bayer AG, Precigen, Inc., Amyris Inc., Gingko Bioworks, Twist Bioscience, Codexis, Benson Hill Biosystems Inc., Cibus Ltd., Pivot Bio Inc., AgBiome, Inc., Evolva Holding SA, Mosa Meat, Concentric Agriculture Inc. Arzeda, and Agrivida Inc.
Key Questions Answered in this Report:
- What is the expected global synthetic biology in agriculture and food market size in terms of value during 2019-2025?
- What is the expected future scenario and revenue generated by the application segments for which synthetic biology technology is offered, including crop yield management, crop protection, soil health management, and food nutrition?
- What is the expected future scenario and revenue to be generated by the different types of product offerings, including synthetic microbes, bio-based specialty foods, software tools and others, during the forecast period 2020-2025?
- Which region is the largest market for global synthetic biology in agriculture and food market?
- What is the expected future scenario and the revenue generated by different regions and countries in the synthetic biology in agriculture and food market?
- What is the competitive strength of the key players in the synthetic biology in agriculture and food market on the basis of the analysis of their recent developments, product offerings, and regional presence?
- Where do the key synthetic biology in agriculture and food companies lie in their competitive benchmarking, compared to the factors of market coverage and market potential?
- How is the government initiative landscape across different regions and countries in the synthetic biology in agriculture and food market?
- How is the funding and investment landscape in the global synthetic biology in agriculture and food market?
- Which are the leading consortiums and associations in the global synthetic biology in agriculture and food market, and what is their role in the market?
- What are the market dynamics of the global synthetic biology in agriculture and food market, including market drivers, restraints, and opportunities?
- How has COVID-19 impacted the global synthetic biology in agriculture and food market?
The global synthetic biology in agriculture and food market is projected to grow from $3.20 billion in 2020 to $14.12 billion by 2025, at a CAGR 34.56% from 2020 to 2025. The growth in synthetic biology in agriculture and food market is expected to be driven by the increasing need for global food security, increasing consumer awareness about high nutritional food, and rising capital investments for synthetic biology research.
Synthetic biology has garnered the attention of industries, such as agriculture and food industry. Synthetic biology has applications in crop yield management, improve diseases and pest resistance, and improve soil health, among others. Similarly, food industry application includes food process optimization, enhancement in food nutritional value, and improving food safety.
The utilization of several technologies in synthetic biology, such as gene synthesis, genome engineering, and bioinformatics technology, is expected to augment the growth of synthetic biology in the technology sector. Moreover, depleting agricultural land and increasing demand for fresh agricultural produce all around the year are expected to propagate the growth of synthetic biology in agriculture and food market.
The competitive landscape of synthetic biology in agriculture and food market consists of different strategies undertaken by major players across the industry to gain market presence. The competitive landscape for synthetic biology in agriculture and food market demonstrates an inclination toward companies adopting strategies, such as product launches and developments, and partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. The major established players in the market focus on partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures to introduce new technologies or develop further on the existing product portfolio. BASF SE, Bayer, Precigen, Inc., Amyris, Gingko Bioworks, Pivot Bio, Mosa Meat, and Twist Bioscience are some of the prominent players in the synthetic biology in agriculture and food market. The market is highly fragmented with the presence of a large number of small- to medium-sized companies that compete with each other and the large enterprises.
Regional Market Dynamics
The global synthetic biology in agriculture and food market holds a prominent share in various countries of North America and Europe. North America is at the forefront of the global synthetic biology in agriculture and food market, with a high market penetration rate in the U.S., and Canada, which are expected to display robust market growth in the coming five years.
During the forecast period 2020-2025, the Asia-Pacific and Japan region is expected to flourish as one of the most lucrative markets for synthetic biology in agriculture and food. Asia-Pacific and Japan is expected to exhibit significant growth opportunities for synthetic biology due to increased optimism in the economic conditions of these countries. The countries in this region present immense scope for market development, owing to the increasing urban population size, growing market penetration of advanced technologies, and favorable government investments on the adaptation of innovative farming technologies.
BIS Research is a global B2B market intelligence and advisory firm focusing on those emerging technological trends which are likely to disrupt the dynamics of the market.
With over 150 market research reports published annually, BIS Research focuses on high technology verticals such as 3D Printing, Advanced Materials and Chemicals, Aerospace and Defense, Automotive, Healthcare, Electronics and Semiconductors, Robotics and UAV, and other emerging technologies.
Our in-depth market intelligence reports focus on the market estimations, technology analysis, emerging high-growth applications, deeply segmented granular country-level market data, and other important market parameters useful in the strategic decision-making for senior management.