Accounting Services Global Market Briefing 2018
Including: Offices of Certified Public Accountants, Tax Preparation Services and Payroll Services.
Covering: PwC, EY, Deloitte, KPMG and BDO International
The Business Research Company’s reports are based on the methodology below.
Our datasets are created using a wide range of proprietary and public sources including leading government bodies, associations, trade journals, market intelligence reports and trade magazines. Data is modelled based on hard data, extrapolation, regression analysis based on known macro data inputs, interpolation between hard figures, comparisons with other geographies and markets, price estimations, and qualitative inputs. Data is triangulated within our unique market data model covering an exhaustive list of 200+ markets across 12 countries and 5 regions. Comparable data is used for sanity check and trend analysis. For example our global market value data is compared to unit sales and price data for the relevant market as well as relevant macro-economic datasets in order to establish validity.
Analysis is drawn from our Consultants’ wide range of industry and research experience as well as public and proprietary sources. Consultants are trained in research techniques and ethics by the Market Research Society.
Verification Through Expert Interviews
Every year The Business Research Company carries out thousands of interviews with senior executives and industry experts across hundreds of markets. Through these interviews we develop our internal understanding of markets and geographies and cross reference our understanding of global markets with expert feedback utilizing ‘Delphic’ research methodologies.
The Business Research Company prides itself on the quality and validity of its data and analysis. Our unique ‘end noted’ referencing approach allows the user to trace our market numbers and analysis back to the specific data sources they were derived from.
Competitor Market Share Data
The competitor market share data is intended to represent the companies that gain the most revenues from the given market and the percentage share of the market that they hold. If a company derives most of its revenues from the market, its revenues are given in full. If a large part of the company's revenues come from other markets, only the division of the company which operates in this market is included. Where accurate information is not available on the revenues a company generates from the market its market share is not included, however a profile of the company may still be included if it is a significant competitor in the market.
Market value is defined as the revenues earned by organizations for products and services within the specified market. The break down by geography is revenue generated within the specific industry by organizations in the specified geography, irrespective of where they are produced.
Accounting services provide systematic and comprehensive recording of financial transactions pertaining to businesses. The service involves summarizing, analyzing, auditing and reporting of the financial transactions for tax collection agencies and entities. It also involves auditing and preparing financial statements, designing accounting systems, developing budgets and accounting advisory.
North America was the largest region in the accounting services market in 2017, accounting for around 42% market share. Western Europe was the second largest region accounting for around 25% market share. Africa was the smallest region accounting for around 4% market share.
Some accountants are outsourcing typical basic accounting tasks such as payroll accounting, accounts payable and accounts receivable to allow their employees to focus on higher value activities such as becoming vertical experts in their customer’s markets and analyzing their clients\' business data. This extra attention and analysis is transforming the role of a traditional accountant into a business advisor and takes customer service to the next level by developing strong counsel-focused relationships
- Table 1 : Global Accounting Services Market Historic Market Size, 2013-2017
- Table 2 : Global Accounting Services Market Forecast Market Size, 2017-2021
- Table 3 : Global Accounting Services Market, Split By Region, 2017
- Table 4 : Global Accounting Services Market, Historic and Forecast Growth Rate, By Region, 2013-2021
- Table 5 : Global Accounting Services Market, Split By Country, 2017
- Table 6 : Global Accounting Services Market, Historic and Forecast Growth Rate, By Country, 2013-2021
- Table 7 : Global Accounting Services Market, Key Competitor Estimated Market Shares, 2017
- Figure 1 : Global Accounting Services Market Historic Market Size, 2013-2017
- Figure 2 : Global Accounting Services Market Forecast Market Size, 2017-2021
- Figure 3 : Global Accounting Services Market, Split By Region, 2017
- Figure 4 : Global Accounting Services Market, Historic and Forecast Growth Rate, By Region, 2013-2021
- Figure 5 : Global Accounting Services Market, Split By Country, 2017
- Figure 6 : Global Accounting Services Market, Historic and Forecast Growth Rate, By Country, 2013-2021
- Figure 7 : Global Accounting Services Market, Key Competitor Estimated Market Shares, 2017
The Business Research Company is a market research and intelligence company which excels in company, market and consumer research. It has over 50 research professionals at its offices in India, the UK and the US as well a network of trained researchers globally. It has specialist consultants in a wide range of industries including manufacturing, healthcare, financial services and technology.