December 07, 2015
Wellesley, Mass., December 07, 2015 – Developing Asia-Pacific countries such as China and India continue to experience rising demand for electricity. BCC Research reveals in its new report that this increasing demand for both the production and consumption of electricity will spur big growth in the global market for silicon-controlled rectifiers (SCRs).
Silicon-controlled rectifiers are used in various applications such as motor controls, light dimmers, pressure control regulators, liquid level regulators and electronic (pointless) automotive ignition. SCR applications are primarily found in industries such as power transmission, renewable energy, industrial electrical and electronics, automotive, locomotive, aerospace and defense, consumer electronics, medical, as well as oil and gas.
The SCR market is divided into two types based on packaging: modules and discrete. Modules, the leading packaging types, dominate the global market and will account for an estimated 70.5% market share in 2015, while discrete packaging types will own the remaining 29.5%. High-power handling capability, high-switching frequency and low cost are increasing the usage of SCR in various end-user industries.
The global market for SCRs is projected to total $2.6 billion and $3.8 billion in 2015 and 2020, respectively, reflecting a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.8%. Asia-Pacific owns the highest market share at about 46%, followed by North America andEuropewith 26% and 17%, respectively. Increasing application of SCR in various industries such as power transmission, renewable energy, industrial electrical and electronics, automotive, locomotive, aerospace and defense, consumer electronics, medical and oil and gas are driving increased global sales.
Although North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific compose 90% of the global market, rapidly growing emerging economies such as China and India have significantly increased SCR demand in the past 10 years.
“In 2014, global electricity output totaled 23,636 TWh, an increase of 2.2% compared with the previous year. Demand for electricity has been rising at a high rate in both developed and emerging economies due to increasing industrialization,” says BCC Research analyst Aneesh Kumar. “Major companies are increasing their R&D efforts to create environmentally friendly equipment, which saves energy and reduces electricity loss during transmission. InChina, for instance, electricity consumption is expected to more than double by 2035.”
Silicon-Controlled Rectifiers: Technologies and Global Markets (SMC101A) examines market segments by major packaging types, regions, property, application and end-user industries. The report also analyzes trends and opportunities with projections of CAGRs through 2020.
Editors and reporters who wish to speak with the analyst should contact Steven Cumming at email@example.com.
Silicon-Controlled Rectifiers: Technologies and Global Markets( SMC101A )
Publish Date: Dec 2015
Data and analysis extracted from this press release must be accompanied by a statement identifying BCC Research LLC as the source and publisher. For media inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.bccresearch.com/media to request access to our library of market research.