2013 Photonics Research Review
- The global market for picoprojectors was valued at $491.4 million in 2012. Total market value is expected to reach $776.1 million in 2013 and nearly $5 billion by 2018, after increasing at a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 44.9%.
- Revenues for the global laser market reached nearly $2.4 billion in 2012 and are expected to reach nearly $2.6 billion in 2013. The market is expected to rise at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.8% between 2013 and 2018 and reach $3.4 billion by 2018.
- The global market for optical coherence tomography (OCT) grew from $580.8 million in 2011 to $645.4 million in 2012 and is predicted to increase to nearly $1.1 billion by 2017, a CAGR of 10.4% from 2012 to 2017.
Research Reviews from BCC Research provide market professionals with concise market coverage within a specific research category. These Research Reviews include portions of several market research reports that were published in 2013, and are an efficient way for market professionals to keep up with the general market developments of 2013.
Please note that page references in the text are to pages in the original, complete report, and do not reflect the actual page numbers in this Research Review.
This 2013 Photonics Research Review includes excerpts from the following reports:
- SMC090A Picoprojectors: Technologies and Global Markets.
- PHO005A Lasers for Industrial Applications: Global Markets.
- HLC097A Global Markets and Technologies for Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT).
- PHO004BGlobal Markets and Technologies for Photonic Crystals.
- IAS022D Remote Sensing Technologies and Global Markets.
We encourage you to obtain and benefit from the full market research reports that are excerpted in this Research Review.
BCC Research looks forward to serving your market intelligence needs in the future.
Kevin R. Fitzgerald
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
This Photonics Research Review provides:
- Analysis of the global market for OLED electronic displays and lighting devices through 2017, as well as the geographical breakdown of OLED production and consumption.
- Major PV technologies, analysis of the PV industry on a global basis, medical laser technologies and applications with the greatest commercial potential in the near to mid-term.
- Other aspects such as types of nanoscale devices, milestones in the development of nanophotonics and analysis of the high-brightness LED industry on a global basis, including manufacturing capability and consumption by various regional markets.