Picoprojectors: Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for picoprojectors was valued at $491.4 million in 2012. Total market value is expected to reach $776.1 million in 2013 and nearly $5 billion by 2018, after increasing at a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 44.9%.
- An overview of the global market for picoprojectors, which are made possible by advances in laser, LED, and micromirror technologies, and fall into two general categories: designed as either standalone, pocket-sized display devices or categorized as embedded in other pieces of hardware.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018.
- Discussion of increased portability of standard projection uses, improved social sharing of smart-multimedia, and industrial integration of projection.
- Reviews of industry structure, trends in price and price/performance, market restraints and challenges, and technologies, including a patent evaluation.
- Comprehensive company profiles of picoprojector suppliers.
This BCC study has been conducted with a global perspective on components, modules and projectors along with their applications. Market projections have been conducted globally. All market table values are in 2013 U.S. dollars.
The report provides business planners and managers with an improved understanding of the direction and impact of the picoprojector technologies, and how markets will be affected and new opportunities created.
The report contains:
- An in-depth analysis of the technologies used for picoprojectors and picoprojector modules.
- An overview of components used in picoprojectors and picoprojector modules.
- New developments and recent patents for DLP, LCoS, LBM, HB-LED, laser diodes and other picoprojector technologies.
- Current and potential applications for picoprojectors.
- Current and future market projections for picoprojectors in all the major applications.
- Profiles of current industry players including suppliers of projectors and components as well as users (including other device manufacturers that incorporate picoprojector modules).
- A review of the economic/market opportunities for current industry participants and new entrants.
BCC feels, therefore, that the qualitative and quantitative judgments embodied in this report are a valuable contribution to the current knowledge of picoprojectors.
This report was prepared by Paul Bragulla, a partner in Prokalkeo LLC, an emerging-technology consulting firm based near Washington, DC. Mr. Bragulla has done extensive work in laser and optical systems research as well as in the applications of lasers to industrial applications