Global Markets and Technologies for Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT)
The global market for optical coherence tomography (OCT) grew from $580.8 million in 2011 to $645.4 million in 2012 and is predicted to increase to nearly $1.1 billion by 2017, at a CAGR of 10.4% from 2012 to 2017.
- An overview of the global market for optical coherence tomography (OCT), including details on system technology segments: traditional (time domain), frequency domain, and other modes of OCT measurement.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2010 to 2012, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2017.
- A breakdown of OCT formats, including office/tabletop, catheter-based, and handheld.
- Regulatory status of the devices in the U.S., EU, and other regions.
- Delineation of the major markets for the technology, including ophthalmology, cardiovascular, oncology, dermatology, and dental applications.
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players.
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of this study embraces OCT in medical and other markets. BCC analyzed each market and its applications, regulatory environment, technology, market projections and market shares. Technological issues include the latest trends and developments. The emerging markets for OCT include countries such as India, China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Africa, Australia, New Zealand, etc.
Shalini Shahani Dewan focuses on pharmaceuticals and biotechnology and has been a BCC Research contributor since 2002 as both an analyst and project manager. She has explored a wide range of topics and companies, including working for Johnson & Johnson doing market surveillance. She has an undergraduate degree in pharmacy and master's degree in medicinal chemistry. She resides in the Bay Area.