New Electronic Materials and Device Technologies: Global Markets
The total market for advanced electronic materials is projected to increase from $27.6 million in 2010 and $30.7 million in 2011 to more than $5.5 billion in 2016 and almost $26 billion in 2021 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 36.3% for a period of five years, i.e., 2016 to 2021.
The report addresses the global market for new electronic materials during the period from 2011 through 2021. Electronic materials are those that are used to affect the electrons or their associated fields in a desired manner consistent with the intended function of the electronic system. Other materials used in electronic devices, such as thermal management or packaging materials, are not covered in this report. New electronic materials are those that are not yet in widespread commercial use or are still under development, such as:
- Quantum dots.
- Photonic crystals.
- Carbon nanotubes.
- Conducting and semiconducting polymers.
- Phase change materials.
The report format includes the following major elements:
- Executive summary.
- Definitions and key concepts.
- New materials.
- Major applications.
- Market drivers.
- Global trends in the market for new electronic materials by type of material and application (2010–2021).
- Patent analysis.
- Company profiles.
Andrew McWilliams spent more than 25 years as a consultant with Ernst & Young, McKinsey & Company and A.T. Kearny focused on manufacturing before segueing into research analysis. He has been covering myriad technology categories for BCC Research for more than 15 years. McWilliams has a BA from Princeton University and an MA from Harvard University. He has worked in more than 40 countries and he resides in the greater Boston area.
- Implosion Manufacturing: Novel Nanotech Methods for Next Generation Materials (NAN065A)
- Civil engineering Services for Public Works Infrastructure Projects: North America (ENG023A)
- Organic Foods and Beverages: Global Markets (FOD067B)
- Bionics: Technologies and Global Markets (HLC196B)
- The Market for Minimally Invasive Medical Devices (HLC051H)