The global market volume for industrial metals, alloys and precious metals should grow from 4.7 million kilotons in 2017 to reach 5.6 million kilotons by 2022 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.5% for the period of 2017-2022.
- 77 data tables and 28 additional tables
- An overview of the global markets for industrial metals, precious metals, and alloys
- Analyses of global market trends with data from 2016 and 2017, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2022
- Discussion of market dynamics, regulations and technologies, and their interconnecting effect on the state-of-the-art metallic industry
- Comprehensive data concerning the production of both mined and secondary metals, including ferrous, non-ferrous base metals, and precious metals
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players in the market, including BHP Billiton Ltd., Codelco, Newmont Mining Corp., Norilsk Nickel and Vedanta Resources Plc
The market for industrial metals, precious metals and alloys is segmented into the following categories:
- Industrial metal type: Copper, iron, aluminum and others
- Precious metal type: Gold, silver and others
- Alloy type: Brass, steel and others
- Application type: Automotive and transportation, building and construction, electrical and electronics, consumer products, industrial, luxury products and others
- Region: North America is segmented into the U.S., Canada and Mexico; Europe is segmented into France, Italy, Germany, the U.K., Russia and the Commonwealth Independent States (CIS); Asia-Pacific (APAC) is segmented into China, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea and others; and the rest of the world (ROW) covers the Middle East, Africa and South America.
In addition to a competitive analysis of the market for industrial metals, precious metals and alloys, this report also includes a patent analysis and company profiles for key players in the market for industrial metals, precious metals and alloys. Estimated values used are based on manufacturers’ total revenues. Projected and forecasted revenue values are in constant U.S. dollars, unadjusted for inflation.
Research Analyst Sinha G. Gaurav holds an MBA in finance from ICFAI Business School, Hyderabad (India), and a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from Rajasthan University (India). His primary focus is in the electronics and semiconductor markets. He has nine years of experience in the field of market research in electronics, finance and database designing. His areas of interest include semiconductors, automation, industrial controls, robotics and nanotechnology. His publications focus on subjects such as quantum dots, photonic sensors and detectors, LIDAR, ultrafast lasers, home automation, helmet-mounted displays (HMDs), factory automation and radio frequency (RF) components, among others.
- The global market for secondary and mined metal was worth $715.0 billion in 2007 and $649.4 billion in 2008. This should reach $894.2 billion in 2013, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.6%.
- The transportation end-user segment has the largest share of the market, worth $140.7 billion in 2008. This should reach $176.5 billion in 2013, for a CAGR of 4.6%.
- Building and construction applications have the second largest market share, generating $115.5 billion in 2008. This should increase at a CAGR of 5.8% to reach $153.4 billion in 2013.
When do I get the report?
Most reports are fulfilled immediately. In some cases, it could take up to 24 hours.
In what format does this report get delivered to me?
We will send you an email with login credentials to access the report. You will also be able to download the pdf.
What are the free reports included in my purchase?
They consist of a collection of current reports from various partner publishers scanning multiple industries.
What is the difference between BCC Research and BCC Publishing?
BCC Research curates thousands of reports from different sources and provides access to this content to our clients. BCC Publishing is the publication arm of BCC Research (one of several publishers in our portal).
What reports do I get 'discounts' on with my purchase?
All reports. BCC Publishing reports will be available for a 50% discount. All other partner publishers are also available at deeply discounted rates.
Where are you located?
Wellesley Massachusetts, just outside of Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
How long has BCC Research been around?
We are approaching our 50 year anniversary in 2021!
What if I want you to invoice me for payment via Purchase Order?
Simply choose Pay by Purchase Order when you are checking out. We will connect with you via email to set up your order.
What if I have a question about your reports?
Call us, email us, or chat with us! We encourage your questions and feedback. We have a research concierge team available at all times, and included in every purchase, to help our customers find the research they need-when they need it.
Can I share this report with my team?
Absolutely yes, with the purchase of additional user licenses.
Can I use your research in my presentation?
Absolutely yes, so long as the publisher is properly cited.