The U.S. market for sol-gel processing for ceramics and glass should grow from $816.9 million in 2018 to $1.2 billion by 2023 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.6% from 2018 through 2023.
- 28 data tables and 20 additional tables
- In-depth analysis of sol-gel processing for ceramic and glass for U.S. and key global markets
- Analyses of global market trends with data from 2017 and 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Identification of the technological and business issues related to the development and commercial production of sol-gel-derived products
- Evaluation of the factors driving demand for sol-gel processing of ceramics and glass, along with the trends, potential sales and growth forecasts
- Assessment of key companies involved in the development, manufacture and supply of advanced materials and structural ceramic components, including composites
- Examination of competitive landscape which includes the key strategies and developments adopted by manufacturers and detailed profiles of major market players, including Saint-Gobain Industrial Ceramics, Akzo Nobel NV, BASF SE, DowDuPont Inc., Cabot Corp., and Magna International Inc.
This report provides an overview and clear understanding of the U.S. and key global sol-gel processing market, with 2017 considered as the base year. Market forecasts are provided through 2023 with a projection of compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for 2018-2023. Market data values are provided at global and regional levels for all applications of sol-gel processing. Estimated values are based on total revenues of the companies providing sol-gel derived products. Projected and forecasted revenue values are in constant U.S. dollars unadjusted for inflation.
The report covers the discussion of technological and economic trends that are affecting the sol-gel processing market for ceramics and glass in the United States. It reviews the historical background of sol-gel processing along with its properties and identifies emerging applications. It explains the major drivers, restraints and regional dynamics of the global sol-gel processing market, trends within the industry and presents growth forecasts for the next five years.
Sol-gel processing applications considered in the report include Optical, Electronics, Structural, Chemical, Biomedical and Other applications. The report concludes with a special focus on the competitive landscape which includes the key strategies and developments adopted by manufacturers and detailed profiles of major market players.
BCC Publishing Staff comprises expert analysts who are skilled in conducting primary research, secondary research and data analysis and have decades of combined experience covering a wide range of industries, including healthcare, advanced materials and emerging technologies. Collectively, the team represents a diverse set of educational achievements with individual graduate work completed in fields such as microbiology, electrical engineering, business administration and surgery, among others.
The total global market for sol-gel products was valued at $1.6 billion in 2013. This market is expected to grow to $1.7 billion in 2014 and $2.5 billion in 2019, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.8% from 2014 to 2019.
- An overview of the market for sol-gel processing of ceramics and glass, and related technologies.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2013, estimates for 2014, and projections of CAGRs through 2019.
- Information on the various commercial products made with the sol-gel process and their applications.
- Identification of the technological and business issues related to the development and commercial production of these products.
- Comprehensive profiles of major companies in the industry.
The global market for sol-gel products reached $1.4 billion in 2011. It is expected to reach $1.5 billion in 2012 and it will further grow to $2.2 billion by 2017, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.9%.
The U.S. market is expected to reach $500 million by 2011 with an AAGR (annual average growth) rate of 8.7% per year from 2006 to 2011.
The global market for sol-gel products in 2006 was $1 billion. This is forecasted to increase to $1.4 billion by 2011 with an AAGR of 6.3% from 2006 to 2011.
In terms of market share, the U.S. has currently about 32% of the world market and is expected to increase this market share by 2011 to 36%.
Optical and electronic applications are the fastest growing market segments from 2006 to 2011, at an annual average growth rate ranging 12% to 15%.
The global market for sol-gel products in 2001 was $712 million. This is forecasted to increase to $936 million by 2006 at an average annual growth rate (AAGR) of 5.6%.
The U.S. market share is nearly 28% and is expected to increase to 34% by 2006, rising from $202.5 million to $320 million at an AAGR of 9.6%.
Electronic and optical applications are expected to be the fastest growing market segments during the period, at an annual average growth rate of around 14%. High growth rates also are expected for chemical and biomedical applications at between 8% and approximately 10% per year.
By 2006, new market segments to emerge will include biomedical applications (such as bone grafting materials and drug therapy products) and chemical applications (gas separation membranes).
Although the U.S. leads in research and development, Japan is able to commercialize and market products faster. The total number of U.S. patents also has declined, with fewer applications being commercialized
When do I get the report?
Most reports are fulfilled immediately. In some cases, it could take up to 24 hours.
In what format does this report get delivered to me?
We will send you an email with login credentials to access the report. You will also be able to download the pdf.
What are the free reports included in my purchase?
They consist of a collection of current reports from various partner publishers scanning multiple industries.
What is the difference between BCC Research and BCC Publishing?
BCC Research curates thousands of reports from different sources and provides access to this content to our clients. BCC Publishing is the publication arm of BCC Research (one of several publishers in our portal).
What reports do I get 'discounts' on with my purchase?
All reports. BCC Publishing reports will be available for a 50% discount. All other partner publishers are also available at deeply discounted rates.
Where are you located?
Wellesley Massachusetts, just outside of Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
How long has BCC Research been around?
We are approaching our 50 year anniversary in 2021!
What if I want you to invoice me for payment via Purchase Order?
Simply choose Pay by Purchase Order when you are checking out. We will connect with you via email to set up your order.
What if I have a question about your reports?
Call us, email us, or chat with us! We encourage your questions and feedback. We have a research concierge team available at all times, and included in every purchase, to help our customers find the research they need-when they need it.
Can I share this report with my team?
Absolutely yes, with the purchase of additional user licenses.
Can I use your research in my presentation?
Absolutely yes, so long as the publisher is properly cited.