Global Markets for Laser Systems, Components and Materials
The global market for lasers was nearly $10.8 billion in 2014. This market is expected to reach $11.7 billion in 2015 and $16 billion in 2020, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.5%.
- An overview of the global markets and technologies for laser systems, components, and materials.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2014, estimates for 2015, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2020.
- Breakdowns of the global laser market along individual energy medium type in value and volume terms: diode, fiber, carbon dioxide, solid-state, excimer, dye, and other gas lasers.
- Breakdowns of the market along individual end applications in value and volume terms: telecommunications; instrumentation and scientific research; medicine; energy, defense, and surveillance; computing and entertainment; industrial and automotive; as well as retail and others.
- Regional breakdowns into individual regions in value and volume terms: the Americas; Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA); and Asia Pacific (APAC).
- Breakdowns of the global laser market along value chain contributors: active material, firing source and other components, as well as operating margins.
- Analysis of the stakeholder landscape in the laser value chain.
- Analysis of the patenting activity involving laser modules.
- Profiles of major players in the industry.
SCOPE OF THE REPORT
The report forecasts the size of the market in current U.S. dollars as well as in millions of shipment units for lasers from 2015 through 2020.
The report forecasts the market size for the following:
- Individual laser types such as diode, fiber, carbon dioxide, solid-state, excimer, dye and other gas lasers.
- The above forecasts are classified on the basis of end-application vertical, geographical region and value chain contributors on value basis.
The Executive Summary provides a snapshot of key findings of the report.
The chapter on laser theory and its applications introduces and explains central operating concepts, followed by key laser applications. The chapter highlights differences and also identifies important common threads that run through diverse laser types.
The chapter on global markets provides a total view of the laser market quantitatively.
The chapter on stakeholders and value highlights their categories and analyzes their activities in this domain — clarifying where and how they fit in the larger picture.
The U.S. Patent Analysis chapter highlights the activity underway in the area of laser modules. The chapter classifies the patents awarded according to categories such as carbon dioxide lasers, dye lasers, excimer lasers, fiber lasers, generic gas lasers, helium based lasers, ion lasers, quantum cascade lasers, general semiconductor lasers, solid-state lasers and vertical cavity surface-emitting lasers (VCSEL).
Kaustubha Parkhi has worked in a broad range of functional roles with leading telecommunications operators and service providers such as Reliance Infocomm, Ramco Systems, and BPL Cellular. He has written on an array of telecommunications and electronics-related subjects based on his critical analysis of the underlying technology and its business impact. Kaustubha holds a Bachelor of Engineering (Equivalent to a Bachelor of Science) in Electronics and Telecommunications and an MBA in Systems.
- The global market for lasers in 2010 was $7.1 billion and is expected to reach $7.9 billion in 2011. The market is expected to rise at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.5% and reach nearly $12.5 billion by 2016.
- The contribution of the Americas region will change from 29.5% in 2011 to 27.5% in 2016. This market segment is estimated to reach nearly $2.3 billion in 2011 and $3.4 billion by 2016, a CAGR of 7.9% over the five year period.
- The contribution of the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region will change from 41.6% in 2011 to 44.1% in 2016. The segment is expected to reach $3.3 billion in 2011, and should reach nearly $5.5 billion in 2016, a CAGR of 10.8% between 2011 and 2016.
When do I get the report?
Most reports are fulfilled immediately. In some cases, it could take up to 24 hours.
In what format does this report get delivered to me?
We will send you an email with login credentials to access the report. You will also be able to download the pdf.
What are the free reports included in my purchase?
They consist of a collection of current reports from various partner publishers scanning multiple industries.
What is the difference between BCC Research and BCC Publishing?
BCC Research curates thousands of reports from different sources and provides access to this content to our clients. BCC Publishing is the publication arm of BCC Research (one of several publishers in our portal).
What reports do I get 'discounts' on with my purchase?
All reports. BCC Publishing reports will be available for a 50% discount. All other partner publishers are also available at deeply discounted rates.
Where are you located?
Wellesley Massachusetts, just outside of Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
How long has BCC Research been around?
We are approaching our 50 year anniversary in 2021!
What if I want you to invoice me for payment via Purchase Order?
Simply choose Pay by Purchase Order when you are checking out. We will connect with you via email to set up your order.
What if I have a question about your reports?
Call us, email us, or chat with us! We encourage your questions and feedback. We have a research concierge team available at all times, and included in every purchase, to help our customers find the research they need-when they need it.
Can I share this report with my team?
Absolutely yes, with the purchase of additional user licenses.
Can I use your research in my presentation?
Absolutely yes, so long as the publisher is properly cited.