Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Cancer
The goal of this short study is to provide a detailed review of how AI is being applied in fighting cancer. The report will evaluate the utilization of various AI tools (e.g., machine learning, natural language processing, image processing, speech recognition) in diagnosis, therapy, research and development, and health management (e.g., patient data, insurance information, and hospital stay) as it relates to cancer. Also, emphasis will be given to the types of algorithms (e.g., artificial neural networks, deep learning) that have been developed so far in the field of cancer.
- Introduction to cancer, most common types, and main medical issues
- A look at the major applications of AI tools in the diagnosis, therapy, R&D and health management of cancer
- Information on types of complex algorithms developed for cancer
- Discussion of major issues related to the utilization of AI for diagnosis and treatment of cancer
- Analysis of the current and emerging trends in AI as it relates to cancer
- Recent achievements and market outlook for AI in cancer
Margareth Gagliardi, Chief Research Analyst in Advanced Materials for BCC Research, has more than 30 years of experience in the field of advanced materials, specializing in ceramic formulations, materials processing, and new product development. After receiving her degrees in Chemical and Ceramic Engineering, she worked in both manufacturing and R&D holding senior management positions within U.S. and European firms producing electronic, mechanical, chemical, and structural components.
She is currently focusing on market intelligence and advanced technologies analysis for organizations and research institutions that operate within a range of high-tech industries.