Biologics Development and Manufacturing Testing: Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for biologics safety testing is estimated to increase from $7.4 billion in 2022 to reach $18.2 billion by 2027, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 19.9% from 2022 through 2027.
- 13 data tables and 16 additional tables
- An up-to-date review and analysis of the global markets for biological safety testing and related technologies
- Analyses of the global market trends, with market revenue data for 2019-2022, estimates for 2023, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2027
- Discussion of market dynamics that impact the growth for biologics development and manufacturing testing, clinical applications, safety regulations, industry structure, and penetration of technologies within the biotech industry
- Coverage of the technological, economic, and business considerations of global biological safety testing market, with analyses and growth forecasts through 2027
- Estimation of the actual market size and revenue forecast for global biological safety testing market in USD million values, and corresponding market share analysis based on test type, application, technology, and region
- Identification of the companies best positioned to meet the increasing demand for biological safety testing owing to their proprietary technologies, product launches, mergers and acquisitions, and other strategic advantages
- Review of recent industry structure for biomarkers, R&D activities, and analysis of the competitive landscape based on recent developments and segmental revenues
- Descriptive company profiles of the market leading players, including Catalent, Eurofins Scientific, Lonza, Merck, Thermo Fisher Scientific and WuXi AppTec
This report aims to provide a comprehensive study of the global market for biologics safety testing, both in terms of quantitative and qualitative data, to help develop business/growth strategies, assess the market landscape, analyze their position in the current marketplace, and make informed business decisions regarding biologics safety testing products and services. Biologics safety testing includes biosafety testing & characterization of raw materials, cell bank & virus seeds, unprocessed bulks/viral harvests, and drug substance/product.
This report segments the global biologics safety testing market by application, test application, testing technology, and region of operations. BCC Research analyses each market and its applications, regulatory environments, technology, market projections, and market share. Industry growth drivers, restraints, trends, and opportunities in the biological safety testing market are also discussed in detail. The report also provides information on the competitive landscape, elaborate company profiles, and the impact of COVID-19 on the biologics safety testing market.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
BCC Publishing Staff comprises expert analysts who are skilled in conducting primary research, secondary research and data analysis and have decades of combined experience covering a wide range of industries, including healthcare, advanced materials and emerging technologies. Collectively, the team represents a diverse set of educational achievements with individual graduate work completed in fields such as microbiology, electrical engineering, business administration and surgery, among others.
|Base year considered||2021|
|Forecast period considered||2022-2027|
|Base year market size||$6.2 billion|
|Market size forecast||$18.2 billion|
|Growth rate||CAGR of 19.9% for the forecast period of 2022-2027|
|Units considered||$ Millions|
|Segments covered||application, test application, testing technology, and region|
|Regions covered||North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World|
|Countries covered||United States, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom, China, Japan, India, Latin America, Middle East, and Africa|
|Key Market Drivers||
The global biological safety testing market should reach $13.1 billion by 2022 from $5.1 billion in 2017 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 20.9%, from 2017 to 2022.
- An overview of the global market for biological safety testing and related technologies.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2016 and 2017, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2022.
- Discussion of the latest market trends, regulatory environments, market projections, and market share.
- A look at future of biological patents and biosimilars along with biologics patents by year.
- Company profiles of major players in the industry, including Charles River Laboratories, WuXi AppTec, SGS SA, Thermo Fisher Scientific and Lonza Group.