Chromatography in Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology: Global Markets
The global market for chromatography instruments and reagents should grow from $9.8 billion in 2018 to $14.0 billion in 2023 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.3% from 2018 to 2023.
- 47 data tables and 44 additional tables
- An overview of the global market for chromatography in pharmaceuticals and biotechnology applications
- Analyses of global market trends with data from 2016 and 2017, estimates for 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Characterization and quantification of market potential for chromatography instruments and reagents by technology type, application and geographical region
- Identification of the segments that should experience high growth during the time frame covered
- Information on competitor initiatives, and information pertaining to research and development status of chromatography in pharmaceuticals and biotechnology
- Coverage of significant patents and their allotments in each category
- Comprehensive profiles of major players in the industry, including Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., Danaher Corp., MilliporeSigma, Qiagen, N.V., Scion Instruments and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
According to the BCC Research report BIO011G Separation Systems for Commercial Biotechnology, chromatography accounted for nearly 21% of the overall market in 2015. In another BCC report, MST034E Global Markets for Reagents for Chromatography, the market that was valued at $7.6 billion in 2014 is estimated to reach $10.7 billion by 2019, growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.2% through 2019. Chromatography is a valuable tool particularly in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors as it can provide highly sensitive information about product quality and purity. The implementation of process analytical technology has also given a boost to this market. The growing demands of biopharmaceuticals, particularly monoclonal antibodies, biosimilar drugs and others have also necessitated biotechnology and biopharmaceutical industries to invest in high-throughput bioprocessing and downstream processing instruments. The advances in technology for the development of improved systems, innovative and disposable columns, better-performing resins, and other accessories are helping this market to grow significantly.
This BCC report provides a comprehensive analysis of the chromatography market in the global context, including market forecasts and sales through 2023. The report includes assessment of the chromatography market by segmenting it into the broad categories of instruments and reagents followed by thorough analyses of various techniques of chromatography for each category. These include liquid chromatography (ion-exchange, hydrophobic-interaction, size-exclusion, flash), high-pressure liquid chromatography (HPLC)/ultra-high-pressure liquid chromatography (UHPLC), thin layer chromatography, gas chromatography, supercritical fluid chromatography and affinity chromatography. This study surveys the chromatography market in all the geographic regions including North America, Europe and emerging markets. The emerging markets include countries such as India, China, Korea, Taiwan, Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Latin America and others. BCC Research has analyzed the chromatography market by applications in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors.
Chromatography is a continuously evolving technique, and its success is dependent on the innovations in technology. Therefore, this report discusses the emerging trends in chromatography technology, particularly the instruments and the reagents. It also features the new developments and new product launches in the global market.
The report provides relevant patent analyses and comprehensive profiles of market players in the industry. The Industry Structure chapter focuses on the important chromatography instruments and reagent manufacturers and suppliers, their market shares and product offerings. The chapter also covers the mergers and acquisitions and any other collaborations or partnerships that happened during the evaluation period of this report that are expected to shape the industry.
BCC’s new report on chromatography elaborates on the strengths, weaknesses, threats and opportunities of the global chromatography market. Any regulatory changes or new initiatives are also highlighted.
Excluded from this report are the applications of chromatography in industries other than pharmaceutical and biotechnology such as chemicals, food and beverage, environment, oil and gas and others. Also, instruments and reagents for capillary electrophoresis and solid phase extraction (SPE) are not included. The sales for LC/MS instruments are not included as part of this study, although the systems are referred to in this report to show the uptake of liquid chromatography instruments in related applications.
Dr. Kamna Jhamb has more than 13 years of research experience, of which more than four years have been devoted to market research. Before entering the field of market research, she worked as a Research Assistant in Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, CA. With a Ph.D. in Microbial Technology, she has vast knowledge in the areas of microbiology, protein chemistry, and molecular biology. She has several international publications in reputed journals. For BCC Research, Dr. Kamna has written reports spanning topics from healthcare, finance, to biotechnology.
- Biomarkers: Technologies and Global Markets (BIO061F)
- Direct to Consumer Testing Industry: Global Markets (HLC269A)
- Microbiome Therapeutics: Global Markets (BIO205A)
- Proton Therapy in Cancer: Global Markets (HLC250A)
- Chemical Food Contaminants: Acrylamide, Furan, Ethyl carbamate, Perchlorate and PFAS (FOD091A)