Global Markets for Chiral Technology -- Focus on the U.S.
- The global chiral technology market was worth nearly $5.3 billion in 2011. This market is expected to increase at a CAGR of 6.5% from 2011 to 2016 and will approach $7.2 billion by the end of the forecast period.
- The U.S. market for chiral technologies was valued at $1.9 billion in 2010 and $2.0 billion in 2011. It is expected to grow to $2.7 billion by 2016, a CAGR of 6.0%.
- The U.S. market for chiral synthesis was valued at $1.5 billion in 2010 and $1.6 billion in 2011. It is expected to grow to $2.1 billion by 2016, a CAGR of 6.1%.
BCC’s goal in conducting this study is to provide an overview of the current and future global market for chiral products and technologies used in today’s world. The key objective is to present a comprehensive analysis of the current market and its future direction in the chiral market as an important tool in various therapeutic industries and other industries.
This report explores present and future strategies within the chiral market, including the synthesis, separation and analysis of chiral products. The improvisation of the market, the setbacks and the needs of the market are discussed in this report. An overview of chirality, and the chiral products and technologies used in the past and currently are discussed in this report.
A detailed analysis of the structure of the chiral industry has been conducted. This includes chiral synthesis, chiral separation/resolution and chiral analysis. Revenues are broken down by global region from 2009 to 2011 and estimated for the five-year period from 2011 through 2016.
Applications for chiral products and technologies are also discussed in this report, with an emphasis on the usage in the pharmaceutical, biochemical and agrochemical industries. The report also covers significant patents and their allotment in each category.
REASONS FOR DOING THIS STUDY
This study was conducted to provide an update of new developments in the chiral technology market. The current study covers the global market for chiral products, with a specific focus on the U.S. markets, European markets and emerging markets. This study was conducted to provide a detailed market analysis of chiral-enabling products, including the factors influencing this market. New advancements and the need for enantiopure compounds have driven growth within this market. This study looks at most of the systems influenced by these factors.
Acquisition strategies and collaborations by companies are also covered in this report. This study also discusses the strength and weaknesses of each system/technology in light of the new technologies, growing competition and changing customer needs.
This study contributes to the areas of market growth in therapeutic segments through chiral products and technologies from the point of view of manufacturers and users. The pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industries, agrochemical industries, physicians, hospitals and research institutes will find this study to be of interest.
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of this study encompasses the chiral markets with their usage in the pharmaceutical, biotechnical and agrochemical markets. BCC analyzes each market and its applications by its need for chiral products, their regulatory environment, technology involved, market projections and market share. Technological issues include the latest trends and developments.
Both primary and secondary research methodologies were used in preparing this study. BCC conducted a comprehensive literature search, which included technical newsletters and journals, and many other sources. Data were collected through interviews and correspondence with various analytical, chemical, pharmaceutical and biotechnical experts. Projections were based on estimates such as the current number of end users, potential end users, mergers and acquisitions, and market trends.
Many companies within the industry were surveyed to obtain data for this study. Included were manufacturers and end users of chiral products. Data were gathered from various industry sources. BCC spoke with officials and physicians within the industry, consulted newsletters, company literature, product literature and a host of technical articles, journals, indexes and abstracts. Exhaustive investigations of databases by key terminology were completed. In addition, data were compiled from current financial, trade and government sources.
BCC ONLINE SERVICES
BCC offers an online information retrieval service. BCC’s home page, located at www.bccresearch.com, enables readers to:
- Examine its complete catalog of technology market research reports, tables of content and order directly from BCC Research.
- Subscribe to any of its more than 20 monthly technology/marketing newsletters.
- Read announcements of upcoming reports and newly launched newsletters.
- Register for BCC’s well-known conferences.
- Request additional information about any BCC product.
- Take advantage of special offers.
The information developed in this report is intended to be as reliable as possible at the time of publication and of a professional nature. This information does not constitute managerial, legal or accounting advice; nor should it serve as a corporate policy guide, laboratory manual or an endorsement of any product, as much of the information is speculative in nature. The author assumes no responsibility for any loss or damage that might result from reliance on the reported information or its use.
Shalini Shahani Dewan focuses on pharmaceuticals and biotechnology and has been a BCC Research contributor since 2002 as both an analyst and project manager. She has explored a wide range of topics and companies, including working for Johnson & Johnson doing market surveillance. She has an undergraduate degree in pharmacy and master's degree in medicinal chemistry. She resides in the Bay Area.
- Global Markets for CT Scanners (HLC024B)
- Technologies for Long-term Care and Home Healthcare: Global Markets (HLC079D)
- Renal Dialysis Equipment: Technologies and Global Markets (HLC164B)
- Fluoroscopy and C-arms: Technologies and Global Markets (HLC148B)
- Global Markets for Contract Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, Research and Packaging (PHM043G)