Single-Cell Genomics and Proteomics: Emerging Technologies and Markets
The global single-cell analysis market was valued at $541.2 million in 2014. This market is projected to grow from $626.2 million in 2015 to $1.6 billion in 2020, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 20.7% from 2015 to 2020.
- An overview of the global markets and emerging technologies for single-cell genomics and proteomics.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2014, estimates for 2015, and projections of CAGRs through 2020.
- Cell isolation technologies including flow cytometry, laser capture microscopy, micromanipulation.
- Sample preparation technologies including microfluidics, whole genome amplification/ pre-amplification.
- Analyses of next generation sequencing, qPCR/PCR, microarrays, mass spectrometry, microfluidics.
- End use industry coverage including research, drug discovery and development, diagnostics, and applied.
- Evaluation of the market's dynamics including growth drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- Profiles of major players in the industry.
The scope of the report includes single-cell analysis technologies, applications, industries, major funding initiatives, patents and companies. The market sizes for single-cell products are given for the years 2014, 2015 and 2020.
This report reviews the single-cell workflow steps and technologies and provides background on why single-cell analysis is important. It then discusses some of the top research initiatives that are contributing to the growth of single-cell applications. Market driving forces are also discussed.
The structure of several important industry subsectors are reviewed as well as major industry acquisitions and strategic alliances from 2013 to the present. Industry subsectors analyzed include NGS instruments, droplet digital PCR, single-cell proteomics, target enrichment and amplification, single-cell DNA polymerase, preimplantation genetic diagnosis and screening, liquid biopsy and immune sequencing.
The market for single-cell analysis technologies is analyzed in depth. The market is analyzed by end user, application, product type, field of use, analysis method, workflow step and geography.
The single-cell diagnostics market is analyzed by indication and by test purpose.
Specific geographic markets are discussed, including North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and the rest of the world (ROW).
Market data covers the years 2014, 2015 and 2020.
More than 75 companies in the single-cell analysis industry are profiled in this report. BCC Research provides a summary of the main industry acquisitions and strategic alliances from 2013 through 2015, including key alliance trends.
John Bergin has held business development, sales and marketing positions with a Fortune 500 advanced materials company, as well as executive management positions with a nanotechnology/separations company. Bergin holds a B.S. degree in Chemistry, an M.S. degree in Biotechnology and a Master of Business Administration. John Bergin is a pseudonym of the author.
- Global DNA Read, Write and Edit Market (BIO193A)
- Global DNA Sequencing: Research, Applied and Clinical Markets (BIO045G)
- Liquid Biopsy Research Tools, Services and Diagnostics: Global Markets (BIO150C)
- Genetic Modification Therapies Clinical Applications: Gene Therapies, Genetically Modified Cell Therapies, RNA Therapies and Gene Editing (BIO159A)
- Single-cell Omics: Emerging Technologies and Markets (BIO143B)